Suzi17
Update........
Today I go pick up my baby's ashes....when the call came, I don't think I was prepared. Reality is setting in....my baby...my bora is gone forever. Its been 2 weeks and I still cry everyday.....prayer has helped a lot. But Reality is my baby is coming home in ashes today.....I'll never see his cute little face again.....have him lay next to me....my baby is gone... He's gone and I'm hurting. I want my baby back.
I get so mad!! He was killed by a pit, I was not there.....I blame myself. And today he's coming home in ashes.

Yesterday...the owner of the pit that killed my baby told me the pit was put down. She proceeded to say.....even though the pit was here pet and she loved it, she knew it had to be done. She tried making me feel bad.....that pit was a rescue she found on the streets a few months back. She told me she didn't want it. Now it was her beloved pit!! God forgive me for this anger.
Quote 1 0
Bullymom
I can relate to your feeling. I also felt my world falling apart again when I got the call to pick up Diego's ashes. It was the worst day since I got the call saying he had passed.
It hurts as if it was all happening again. And it got even worse when I saw that box. If you have someone to help you through this or to go with you there, call them. You'll need all the comfort you can get. Its the horrifying true, our beloved friend is really gone forever and is coming home in ashes. I'm sorry for your loss, and all the trauma involved. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you find the strenght you need now.

Diego's mom

Quote 1 0
Shark88
Having had to put my precious Siberian Husky Laika down, now almost 5 weeks ago, I found out how difficult it can be to move on. She was such a big part of my family's life, her passing has left a huge void in the house and in the back seat of my car. I would take Laika everywhere I could. She was such a beautiful dog who never met a stranger. She would often greet people with a howl. I miss her so much. I know The Almighty cares about animals and I look forward to seeing Laika on the other side, but it is nonetheless very depressing no longer having her around. I can relate to each person's comments on this forum. I am thankful I had the opportunity and joy of being Laika's caretaker and friend for nearly 14 years.
Quote 0 0
Van780
I couldn't believe it when I got the call saying that Batista's remains could be picked up. Like ... is this a dream ?? I also got his paw prints . I thought I'd feel better having him home, and I guess I do in some way. But having him in a little tin ... nearly killed me. I want my cat back :( I feel your pain, youre not alone ♡
Quote 1 0
1furbabymom
I got the call this morning that I could pick Jacob up when I was ready. The call took my breath away. I sat there for a while before the feeling of, "get up and go get your baby. Bring your baby home where he belongs" fell over me. I cried when she handed me his box and his paw prints, but there is also a sense of relief that he's home. My heart hurts at the reality of never holding him again, never being able to nuzzle his head and tell him he is the most beautiful boy, his momma's boy. I've thought I've heard his voice and I swear I've seen him walk past my chair, but of course I haven't.
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
I wish i had received Bora's paw prints. I picked up his ashes Tuesday and they have been with me wherever I go. I carry a tote bag with my purse, phone charger, etc...and now Bora's ashes. Idk why. I feel like if I leave them anywhere something might happen to them. The day i picked them up was extremely hard for me. I feel everyone's pain here. I just miss him so much. Its hard to accept. You know you try to go on. You Try to be "normal" and something brings you back to reality....your/my baby is gone. These fur babies become so much a part of us. This forum has helped me a lot because we all relate. Where as our friends and family may not quite understand.
Quote 0 0
miztina249
1furbabymom wrote:
I got the call this morning that I could pick Jacob up when I was ready. The call took my breath away. I sat there for a while before the feeling of, "get up and go get your baby. Bring your baby home where he belongs" fell over me. I cried when she handed me his box and his paw prints, but there is also a sense of relief that he's home. My heart hurts at the reality of never holding him again, never being able to nuzzle his head and tell him he is the most beautiful boy, his momma's boy. I've thought I've heard his voice and I swear I've seen him walk past my chair, but of course I haven't.

Oh how I can relate to every word you wrote. When I went to the pet services company to pick Polo up there was nobody in the office, but it was open. His ashes were sitting on a table by the front desk I waited for a bit breaking down more with each passing minute. I finally just took his ashes and wrote a note on the receipt that I had picked him up. I could barely see to drive home I was crying so hard, then I calmed down and took him on errands with me like I would have when he was alive. When I got home my husband was there he broke down as soon as he saw the little carved box in my hands. He took him from me and sobbed like a baby. The way he got sick and having to put him to sleep was devastating, I don't think you can ever truly get over a loss this big.
Quote 1 0
Van780
Suzi17 wrote:
I wish i had received Bora's paw prints. I picked up his ashes Tuesday and they have been with me wherever I go. I carry a tote bag with my purse, phone charger, etc...and now Bora's ashes. Idk why. I feel like if I leave them anywhere something might happen to them. The day i picked them up was extremely hard for me. I feel everyone's pain here. I just miss him so much. Its hard to accept. You know you try to go on. You Try to be "normal" and something brings you back to reality....your/my baby is gone. These fur babies become so much a part of us. This forum has helped me a lot because we all relate. Where as our friends and family may not quite understand.

Suzi17 ,
You may want to google (or etsy, ebay) cremation jewelry. I've been searching for the perfect piece for Batista. Some people use the ashes in a blown glass pendant, and there's some pieces that are like a tinyyyy little mini urn that you can add ashes to and wear. Some pieces are beautiful! ! I will probably get a bracelet, because I change my necklaces so much. I felt very nervous about his ashes before I picked them up, now that I know they ashes are home I'm ok. Maybe the jewelry would help you ♡
Quote 0 0
Shark88
No shortage of broken hearts on this website....the loss of my beautiful Laika is sometimes too much to bear.
Reminds me of the lyrics from a couple tunes......

And when Laika passed away, I cried and cried all day. 
Alone again, naturally.   Alone again, naturally. 

Never gonna fall in love again.
I don’t wanna start with someone new.  
Cause I couldn’t bear to see it end.   Just like, me and you.
No, I never wanna feel the pain. 
Of remembering how it use to be.  
Never gonna fall in love again.   Just like you and me.

Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
I was at my vet dropping off a cat that showed up at our house to be neutered, etc and they happened to have Dobie's ashes there. I didn't expect them as he had only passed a few days prior. I sat in the car bawling for a while before I was able to drive home. It makes you realize that they are really gone. Dobie is far to big to carry with me, and I feel better having his ashes on my dresser next my cat Puffy ashes. I have a lot of pictures of them both there, also. I plan to do something with them later. Maybe put into a glass pendant, or into the tattoo of him that I plan to get once I am not pregnant or nursing. I had a friend who did that with his dads ashes, and I thought that was a nice idea. Don't know if legit artists will do that, though. Either way, I will have a part of him with me physically.
Quote 0 0