JerseyNonna
well everyone, I finally managed to complete dear Roxie's Rainbow Bridge residency though right now I am a total basket case.  I thought I was doing so well last week - began eating and sleeping again, started to take interest in what I had when she was still with me.  Then the first weekend after came and it has been all downhill from there.  Tomorrow is the second weekend and I suppose now neighbors are beginning to notice that Roxie and I are no longer taking our walks.  Many are kind and supportive, others dismissive as if the pain should not be this raw to me but only humans owned by these kind souls we call pets and other disabled humans with service dogs can understand the true depth of feelings of loss, confusion, guilt, some anger that we live with after our loss.  today I saw the condo maintenance man when I was dropping off my fee and he asked how I was doing - I told him about Roxie as he always saw us walking and being a human owned by two dogs he immediately felt concern, told me if he could help in any way to ask and gave me a hug.  he was confused since he saw us on Christmas day and said to him Roxie looked no different than any other day, so it could have been easy to miss something bothering her.

you know, sometimes it just takes that one act of shear kindness from someone to make us realize just how many strangers or neighbors notice our beloved friends and how others do miss seeing them too.  it's still tough, i'm still crying like a baby, but I believe I have honored Roxie so far to the best of my ability.  still doesn't feel like I've done enough but right now it's all I have to give. 

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROXIE044/Resident.htm
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
to everyone who has left a message in Roxie's guestbook, I just wanted to say your kind thoughts mean so much - I have cried over each message which are so beautifully written and expressed and I mean to answer each one with a thank you.  today is one of those tough days for me being the 2nd Saturday of her passing.  perhaps tomorrow will see me in a better place, maybe the day after.  but right now I thank you all for being the most compassionate humans I have ever met.  thank you everyone and I know your messages have reached Roxie at the bridge and i'd like to think she's there wagging her little old stump of a tail (aussie's do not have tails but the cutest butts ever).  many hugs and so much appreciation for all of you from one lonely nonna.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
charliebear
hi i lost my charlie in aug last year i cry all the time i light a candle every day and have his ashes in my bedroom where he used to sleep i can honestly say ill love him and think of him every day of therest of my life i have even had a pet phychic reading and he came through xx
Quote 0 0
camunki
JerseyNonna, what a beautiful tribute, powerful words and now forever your baby Roxie can have her own place at the Rainbow Bridge residnecy....and it is nice to know, people who you don't even know, signing into Roxies guestbook, sounds cool.....she has a guestbook with people that love her!! A great thing to do!!

And Charliebear, sorry for your loss of Charlie last year, glad you are comforted with the candle and ashes

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
zoejohnmaryanne
sorry for your loss. I have done this once but my beloved zoe is so special and was/is a better dog than my last one. I just can't handle the cremation part and want to bury her but can't anywhere and don't want to on my property so I have to do the cremation and bury her ashes in her favorite walking park. So sad. I feel your pain and wish you the very best.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
thanks charliebear, cam and zoejohnmaryanne.  I too had Roxie cremated but will take me a bit to pay her bill off but I know she's in good hands with the vet's office.  the cremation was probably the easiest part for me since I knew her dear soul was already out of the earthen body but I could never bury her ashes - that is something I just can't think of doing so with me her cremains will remain in a place of honor with a candle burning bright so she can find her way back now and then.  well, 2 weeks ago this time I was driving to the vet and roxie was laying in the back seat as good as any good girl would be for mom.  really really rough day and to think I really used to like Saturdays.  thank you everyone for such caring words and thoughts.  many many hugs to you all from a really lonely nonna.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
stellasMOM
JerseyNonna, ((hugs)) to you! The grief does come in tsunami's sometimes and other times, it comforts and provides peace. It has been 12 days for us and I am also having a very difficult few days...well they all have been difficult, but more so yesterday and today! Many thoughts of our precious furbabies running through our hearts and minds. I too keep thinking I will look & see My Stella looking back @ me waiting for me to lay down beside her & sing to her & stroke her perfect coat. My heart aches for her and my heart aches for you and your Roxie. It helps to write these words & share our grief. May grace carry us through each day...BLESSINGS to you!!

xo Stella's mom
Quote 0 0