nickhummel424
Im new here so i dont know if its ok to post a new forum, or better to go on an old one. I lost my 3.5 year old samoyed over the course of 7-8 hours about 2 weeks ago now. She was the best friend Ive ever had and we did absolutely everything together. That very morning we played fetch like we do every single morning and she was perfectly healthy. By 5pm she was vomiting like crazy and shaking. I went to 2 ER vets and no one could save her. She had a fever of 105 at the first vet and he sent her home with antibiotics?? Then i took her to another vet after where she had a fever of 109 and I had to put her down without knowing what even caused this. I couldn't eat anything for the first week and just felt sick, this second week a little better...but the shock of it is wearing off and I'm just so lost and depressed with out her. She saved me in my darkest times on many occasions and the one time she gets sick I couldn't do anything to help her. I felt so helpless and still do. This is my first dog Ive owned. People who have gone through this...I know I'll miss her forever, but is there anything I can do to be able to function better or help this process along? I have horrible anxiety and now depression..its destroying me. Thanks for any advice, friends! IMG_1760.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
I am so sorry. It is very hard without them. She was beautiful. Did they do any tests?

Michele
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
I’m so sorry for your loss. My beloved dog Pecan passed away unexpectedly 11 weeks ago.  She was happy and healthy all her life. She was just not herself at 6:30pm and passed away at 4am.  She had no fever not vomiting, shaking or anything like that.  She just wanted to hide and had no energy.  Her breathing changed around 2::30 and passed away as soon as we rushed to the ER.  She was my soulmate, my best friend and the most loyal dog.  She was with me 24/7 so I know how you feel.  I cried and barely left the bed for the first 3 weeks.  After that I forced myself to get out of bed, workout so I could be there for my daughters. After all they have lost their best friend too.  I still cry everyday but at least I can function and talk about her without crying all the time.  Just allow yourself to grieve and be kind to yourself.  Give yourself time.  Remember grief is a marathon not a race.  Talk to a grief Counselor if you can.  I had to do that and they help a lot.  I have also started meditating and I write to her every night and it’s super helpful.  But again everyone deals with things differently but these are the things that have been helpful for me.  My girl was only 9 and was a beautiful Cockapoo. I will never know what caused her sudden death.  Not knowing hurts but I don’t know if knowing would help either.  Please take care of yourself. 
Sp
Quote 1 0
Lis84
Sorry to hear. Allow yourself to feel all emotions... Let it all out and talk to others about her, even in forums helps. 
My last dog that was put down around 5 years ago, it took awhile to feel normal. I was off my food, and a mess.  I found just going through the emotions and being honest with family about how I was feeling helped. 
Quote 1 0
Frank68
Thank you for sharing. I have posted a similar post where our dog on Friday was fine all day then in almost same timescales as you noted he was no longer with us. When I came down and saw him at 2.30 am I was devastated and am continually blaming myself. Your story really helps understand how we can get help through the early difficult stages.
thanks
Russ
Russ
Quote 1 0
nickhummel424
Thank you everyone for the kind responses. I didn’t get any tests done on her afterward because they told me they thought it was a type of cancer that just came out of no where. I’ve been seeing my regular therapist, which has helped. Honestly after posting it here, it did give me a bit of relief. Like I got something out that was balled up inside. I’m glad this forum is here and I’m sorry for the passing of everyone else’s dogs too. We should have some peace knowing we gave them very happy lives, even if some were cut shorter than others. 
Quote 0 0
Lynnmac

I am so truly sorry for the loss of your pup so suddenly. This forum really does help. I’ve been here a week now and feel much comfort from hearing all the love and compassion we had for our best buddies and companions. You are not alone. 

Sending love xox

Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your loss of Luna. It's so very difficult, but this forum helps a lot. It's been two months since I lost my beloved girl and it, of course, still hurts, but not the crushing weight that was in the very beginning. Take care of yourself. 
Quote 1 0