Andrea
On Sunday 18th October just gone we had to have our beloved dog Benji put to sleep after 15 happy years of joy, love and companionship he gave to us.

Cant say much more only that our hearts are breaking and I cant stop crying but he is coming home tomorrow, I shall be picking his ashes up and bringing him back home to his loving family where he belongs xxxxxxxxx

P.S This site is amazing

Quote 0 0
jen_075
Hi Andrea,

This site is truly amazing, yes.

I am sooo sorry to hear about Benji. This is very new for me too as my Jake passed away the day before Benji. I know just how you feel, the pain seems too much but we will get through this.

Sending you hugs and my deepest condolences to you. Benji will always be with you, in your heart and watching over you. I know he was an amazing part of your family, and you must have so many fantastic memories :)

Lots of love to you,

Jen

Quote 0 0
Andrea
Oh Jen, thank you so much for your kind words. My thoughts are with you too and im so sorry for your loss. RIP Jake. What kind of dog was he and how old? I didnt know my heart could break so much.

Nice to meet you by the way even under such sad circumstances xxx

Quote 0 0
Andrea
Oh hun im sorry ive just realised Jake was a cat. Sorry xxxxx
Quote 0 0
jen_075

Hi Andrea,
lol, that's okay, and thank you too for your kind words :) I was telling a friend here today that at one time Jake seemed to think he was a dog- he did love dog food also and he was great at fetching when he was younger, so go figure.

It is very nice to meet you too, and feel free to drop a line if you need to talk!

Big hugs,

Jen

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Andrea,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Bless you fro loving Benji so well, and for opening your hearts and home to him.  It's so hard to say goodbye, but in time, we find so much happiness in knowing that we were chosen to be the caretakers for our angels while they were here on earth.  I look forward to reading about Benji and all the wonderful stories that you will hold in your heart forever.

Our little Bengal Cat, Buddy Guy, went to the Bridge in 2004 after a brief battle with intestinal lymphoma.  He spent most of his last two weeks in the vet clinic, where he was fascinated with the dogs.  the staff would take buddy out of his cage and carry him around with them, his I.V. bottle in tow, so he could visit all the other patients.  I have no doubt he has glommed onto Benji, and is enjoying lazy naps in the sunshine with him. I've heard that cats love nothing more than having a warm dog to curl up with. ;-)

Please come back and let us know how you are doing.  I, for one, want to learn all about Benji's 15 years in your loving forever home.

You and Angel Benji are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Andrea
Bless your heart Susie, thank you for your kind words and support. I am so glad I found this website, its amazing!

My heart is still heavy but Benji is coming home today so I wait patiently for the vet to call to tell me he is ready. Sounds like Buddy Guy was an amazing cat and how lovely to think he will be suggling up with Benji. That has given me comfort as I was thinking to myself, oh god, what if Benji is alone, who will he know in heaven? who will take care of him but now I know that he will be with all the other animals, playing happily and running around like he used to love doing.

I thank you from the heart Susie, as I know I am going to find the comfort ive been looking for here with you and all the other animal lovers. People have been so kind and supportive but I dont think they quite understand unless they have had a pet and been through the same thing.

Speak to you later

Love Andrea xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Andrea
Hi Jen,

Thank you for the offer of being there to talk, ill be sure to take you up on that and of course the feeling is mutual, I am here for you also. Im sure that now me and you have met that Benji and Jake have met too and are together at peace xxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Andrea, I am so sorry for your loss. Benji will be in your heart forever and the memories of all the good times you and bemji shared will flow in your mind as the tears flow down your face. I lost my Jasmine, 13 yr old Peekapoo, after she used ProIn for 5 days, in Sept 09. The pain and suffering she went thru for those 30 days will forever be etched in my mind, but the love and campionship Jasmine gave me for almost 14 years will forever be in my heart.
Hugs and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Andrea
Thank you Cheryl and im sorry for your loss too. What a cutie your little Jasmine was. Doesnt it just break your heart :(

At least we can all support each other on this truly amazing website. I just know I am going to make some life long friends on here x x x x x x

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom

Sometimes I cannot find the 'right' words to describe the pain, the void, the grief I am going thru right now, as are all who have lost a 'child'. On 09-04-09, my life of almost 14 years ended. Jasmine was up everyday at 5:30 to eat and I am sill doing this now even after weeks of her not being here with us. She suffered needlessly from the side effects of ProIn (was Dexatrim that FDA removed from the 'human' market for it was causing strokes in young women) and yes, I can sit here and say she's watching over me at The Rainbow Bridge and yes she is free to eat once again but that does not dismiss the anger I have for the Vets who 'did not know of any side effects' (that's part of their job), the laboritories (Pegasus Laboritories)who continue to make this and other medicines (rimaldyl-Pfizer)) that hurt our furbabies even though they are informed there are serious problems with some dogs and it still does not dismiss the void. It's just not right. Sorry for the venting-I miss Jasmine a lot today.

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
Quote 0 0
Andrea
Dont apologise Cheryl, you have every right to be angry!!! Im so sorry that this happened to you, its apalling and has only added to your grief which is doubly hard for you. Try if you can to think of Jasmine now happy and running around once more free from pain and medication. Dont let the anger eat away at you sweetheart, concentrate on the memories you and Jasmine had together and no matter what has happened, no one can EVER take that away from you. Jasmine was a very lucky furbaby to have such a loving Mummy like you.

Stay strong Cheryl. Sending you lots of *HUGS* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
I DO know Jasmine is running around free from pain and discomfort-eating (her favorite pastime) once again. I promised Jasmine that I would do all I could to let everyone know NOT to take ProIn. I promised her that whomever I came in contact with, would be aware of this awful drug. So many have died from it-too many have suffered. She should never have been given it-it clearly stated-not to be given if heart problem present-she had a slight heart murmur. So with every dose, it was just a death sentence for her and I was unaware of this until after the 5th dose.
The Rainbow Bridge has been a blessing.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
Quote 0 0
Andrea
Its awful for you Cheryl, sheer incompetence and because of this you have lost you beloved pet and friend. I like you would not rest until Id told everyone and done everything in my power to make sure this does not happen again. Im so deeply sorry for your tragic loss and please accept my aplogies if I say the wrong thing, it is truly not my intention.

My heart & thoughts are with you <3 xxxxxxx  
Quote 0 0