SteveScott
Our sweetest girl Bridget passed away suddenly a few weeks ago, aged only 9. I wrote this tribute song to her.

This is one of the last photos I took of Bridget just last week. It sums her up perfectly. Just taking it easy basking in the evening sunshine. She didnt really play like other dogs, chase balls, and play with toys. She was a wee thinker and loved to watch the world go by and see what everyone was doing and pottered about. We called her the wee potterer. Such a gentle wee soul. She would love it when we had a BBQ and would sit by the table on a wee seat waiting for a bit of chicken. She was one of the few dogs who loved going to the vet and they loved her there too. She would run up the entrance corridor waggling her butt and making funny noises. She loved going to Ballywhiskin beach and chased all the seagulls. One time she was about a mile away chasing them she was a ginger blur speeding across the horizon. Then when Louis came a long a few years ago they slowly came to be good friends. They didnt really play together as Bridget wasn't that kind of dog, but they would nap together and greet each other with a touch of each others nose. At first Louis tried to bully her by taking food from her but she didnt have any of it as she loved her treats and pretty much the only ever time she growled at anyone or anything was when they came near her food. Louis is a wee bit hard of hearing and would always watch what she was doing incase they were both called for a treat. One day we were minding a friends dog and it was really annoying Bridget she had no aggression in her and acted submissive. Louis was straight of the couch and barked and growled the other dog away and then hopped back in the sofa looked at Hilary and then Bridget and then lay his head down. Im sure he misses her too. If I was playing a bit of guitar she would make herself at home inside the plush guitar case, or if working on some music sit underneath my desk right beside the subwoofer and just sleep thru it. She would sleep at night with us for about half an hour and then go off to her bed at the botttom of ours. She would wait on the window ledge for us returning from work and its gona be hard her not being there. It seems to be getting harder as each day goes past for us but the important thing is she had a wonderful healthy life, was loved by everyone and a peaceful passing. Run free baby Bridget. Xx
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
This is beautiful, so very very sorry for your loss of this sweet soul.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I loved your song for Bridgette and the sweet video you did of her. Such a wonderful tribute! ❤️
She was such a beautiful (and happy looking) girl!! I'm so sorry for your loss! I know it is so very painful.
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
SteveScott
Thankyou!
Quote 0 0
Dogmom5
I'm so sorry for your loss of Bridget. I lost my Sophie, who was 10, suddenly also. It will be 9 weeks tomorrow, & at times the pain is as fresh as day 1; at times worse; and thankfully at times getting a little better. Your song and video are beautiful. Thank you for sharing it; this forum has helped so much.

Kelly
Quote 0 0
SteveScott
Dogmom5 wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss of Bridget. I lost my Sophie, who was 10, suddenly also. It will be 9 weeks tomorrow, & at times the pain is as fresh as day 1; at times worse; and thankfully at times getting a little better. Your song and video are beautiful. Thank you for sharing it; this forum has helped so much.

Kelly

Sorry to hear that. Yes when its sudden its so hard to comprehend but I keep telling myself thats the best way she could have gone. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Steve,
Your song is a wonderful and beautiful tribute to Bridget.  I loved it and the tune is so soothing.  My deepest condolences for the loss of such a sweet dog.  I also wrote a song for my cat Patches who passed 2 months ago.  He used to pester me while playing my guitar so I just had to write a song for him.  I suspect there are a lot of musically inclined people that write songs for their pets.  Yours is extra special, thank you for posting it.  A real tribute!

Diane
Quote 0 0
SteveScott
LovingPatches wrote:
Steve,
Your song is a wonderful and beautiful tribute to Bridget.  I loved it and the tune is so soothing.  My deepest condolences for the loss of such a sweet dog.  I also wrote a song for my cat Patches who passed 2 months ago.  He used to pester me while playing my guitar so I just had to write a song for him.  I suspect there are a lot of musically inclined people that write songs for their pets.  Yours is extra special, thank you for posting it.  A real tribute!

Diane

Thank you so much Diane. Sorry to hear about Patches. Bridget used to sleep in my guitar case whilst I was playing!!
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Beautiful story and video Steve! Thank you for sharing this! So sorry you lost your beautiful Bridget!
Hugs to you,
CK
Quote 0 0
SteveScott
CK1991 wrote:
Beautiful story and video Steve! Thank you for sharing this! So sorry you lost your beautiful Bridget!
Hugs to you,
CK

Thank you so much!
Quote 0 0