Vsan
Early this morning, my brother woke me to tell me that our puppy MeiMei has passed. She was only a couple of weeks (4-6 weeks, teacup Pomeranian) For a few minutes I just laid in my bed confused. And then I broke down. I cried, cried till what seems like forever. It hurts so bad...

I had only gotten her last Thursday, 7/14/16, and now she's gone. It didn't seem like she came from a very good place from the start, she had fleas and even worse parasitic worms (I'm not even sure how many but she was suffering...a small little puppy, less than 1 lb having to deal with all of these things and never getting to live her life).

I brought her to the vet 3 days consecutively and tried everything to help her, to save her, but it just feels like I didn't do enough. I feel a lot of guilt over her death like just maybe if I brought her elsewhere it would've been different, or if we had just decided to put her down earlier she wouldn't have suffered so much (this one is the hardest), or if she should have been with her mother a lot longer.

I know people suggest remember good things about her and times spent together but the thing is that I've only had her one week. And most of the time she was fighting for her life. So what do I remember? The image of her at the vet with a ventilator constantly flashes through my mind and it makes me cry. I feel like I could've done more, I could've loved her more, comfort her more. I paid for any treatments that the vet suggested because I just wanted her to be better, to have AT LEAST one good day, one happy day. I can't help but feeling like she just suffered. How do I cope?
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Vsan...I am so sorry for your loss.  If she was only 2 weeks old, was she taken from the mother too soon?  She looks very tiny.  No matter how long we have our babies, it hurts like hell to lose them.  How old was she?  Could you tell us a little more about her?  Thanks  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Vsan
She was a teacup Pomeranian, the youngest of 4, and about the size of my hand. And I agree maybe she should have been with her mother for a lot longer before my brother brought her home. She was around 6 weeks of age. It's just crazy because MeiMei has a sister who is just slightly bigger and she is perfectly fine, active, eating, healthy.
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
I'm sorry Vsan. Maybe she was born with medical issues and having the other things (parasites) may have added to those. It makes the grief a little harder knowing they didn't know anything in their life (be it short or long) but challenges. We want more for them. Sometimes a pet's journey is just that though, their journey. And sometimes it doesn't turn out to be what we had hoped for. Animals don't think this way, it was just what she knew her life was like. She had nothing to compare it to. That's a blessing in a strange way. Human's lives are full of sad surprises sometimes too. Know that Mei Mei's challenges in her short time here are over and I hope you eventually find peace with that. But it was quite a week, going from joy with her entering your life and the anticipated years to losing her. Again, I am sorry. She was darling....you gave her lots of love in her short time here.
Quote 0 0