quirks
it doesnt really get any easier...... everytimei talk about or think about remy i get that all too familiar pain in the chest and the tears come. i miss my little guy so so much......i cry in private as too many ppl get uncomfortable or cant understand it when i do. remy,s ashes came home on tuesday and that was very painful. i held his little box of ashes and sobbed as if my heart was breaking (as it was) seeing his little remnant of fur and his pawprint was awful.......i cant believe that my beautiful fluffy and fat companion has been reduced to this. i talk to him all the time but it can never be the same again. i truly and deeply loved my baby boy.

and now another little 7 week old furbaby has come to me..... and so absolutely different to Remy.... firstly she is a little girl, a medium hair black and white weeny-tot i have named maggie. she is a very timid girl and unlike Remy isnt a huge snuggler. yet. however in the last day she has now started purring and allowing some small cuddles, although she does happily head-butt my hand. dont know if she is a whinger or a talker as she meows often. she is a real cutie and im trying so hard not to compare her. ive lost count of the times i have called her Remy.
i do feel an horrendous guilt and a sense of betrayal to Remy. Is this normal?? i struggled with the thought of adopting maggie, but she was going to be put down otherwise........
so many thoughts...... thank u all again for being my lifeline and most wonderful support base...... just wish i could hug each and everyone of u. xoxo
Those people who dislike cats, will be mice in their next life.......
Remy...entered my life 4th April 2010......left for the Bridge 9th August 2010.
loved, missed and cherished.
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Quirks,

Remy is  so happy for you and Maggie.  He will always have a special place in your heart and so will Maggie.  Congratulations.

Thinking of you all

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Everything you're feeling is normal, but I know that Remy guided you and Maggie to one another.  He knows what the perfect fit is for both of you.  As for calling her Remy ~ I consider those visits from our friends.  They come extra close to us when we open our hearts again so we will feel them there with us, and also so they can guide the new ones in the art of living with us.  Maggie will make her own space in your heart, and Remy will always remain firmly snuggled into his own.

CONGRATULATIONS!

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
quirks
i talk to remy's ashes many times a day but it leaves me feeling ripped off as its remy i want to cuddle and hold, not a cold box of ashes.....thats what breaks me..one more chance to snuggle my face into his fur and breathe in his kitty smell. one more kiss on his nose, one more time to say, "momma so loves u little guy" one more....one more.....
however the past to days, ive been seeing a dark shape moving out of the corner of my eye. of course when i turn its gone.......could this be remy?? or am i hoping for too much??
Quote 0 0
quirks

just a question and i dont know if i want the answer but it been on my mind and im crying as i type.... does remy remember how he passed, does he know how i feel about it, does he forgive me and does he miss me or wish he could be back? i dont know if these questions r even answerable but i had to put it out there. im sorry but im crying so hard and miss him so much, keep reliving his passing and hate myself for it. i just want him. to get the visions of his final moments out of my mind, to wind the time back to 30 seconds b4 that moment. i think im losing the plot.

Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Quirks,

When you mentioned about the dark blur out of the corner of your eye, I smiled.
Yes, I really think that was your precious Remy.  When Kudo died I started seeing a brownish like blur(Kudo was an older, darker siamese). At first I thought I needed new bifocals, then I started to think I was going crazy.  Finally, I started to relish those times. I would feel so close to him after I saw him.  I told several people that Kudo was somehow coming through to me as this blur in the corner of my eye.  As soon as I told someone, the blurs started to come less frequently.  Almost as if letting me know that now that I knew he was near me, that he didn't have to do it anymore.  Not many people talk about these "blurs."  You are lucky. I was lucky.  They are still with us in so many ways.

I saw a film this weekend,"What Dreams May Come." It got mixed reviews nationally, but I loved it.  Someone on the site mentioned it a week ago.  I would recommend it to someone who is grieving the loss of a special one in their life.

Thinking of you and hoping that those blurs continue for a looong time.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Your heart is as big as all outdoors.  Love like yours is to be celebrated.  I truly believe Remy would not have wanted you to go on alone.  He knows how much you miss him, that you have been inconsoluble over his loss, and does not want you to be sad forever.

Embrace that new little girl.  Give her a hug from me and one from Tuffy too.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
quirks

remy u were simply the best. i love u. xoxoxo

Quote 0 0
TriciaK
Remy would be pleased his passing counted for something and gave another little kitty a loving home with you, don't feel guilty but while Remy will always be with you, enjoy little Maggie and I hope you have many happy years together:)

Tricia x

Quote 0 0