quirks
It has been a couple of really tough days of sadness and missing u. oh my boy how is it that its been nearly 11 weeks since i held u, rubbed your tummy and had all the kitty kisses u gave me.... oh my love i miss u so much. some days the pain just grabs me and im consumed by grief and the tears run unheeded down my cheeks..... i love lil Maggie but she simply isnt you. loving her reminds me everyday of the pain in my heart......the hole u left still remains lil man. i thought by now i would have worked thru this sadness....i havent and wonder if i ever will. i finally saw the dr and armed with anti-depressents and an appt with a therapist i will make it. yr trip to the bridge opened up a lot of other long term issues that i never had the courage to face. until now. my healing will be how i honour u my beloved remy.... thank u for bringing in some special and dear ppl to my life thru this site. R & S are my soul gifts from u and i thank u.
u will always be my special lil guy and i hope u r happy and whole.......always in my heart u will live until i hold yr sweet body close and once again bury my face in yr fur.......miss u love u and cant wait till we meet again.... it cant come soon enough xoxoxoxoxo
Those people who dislike cats, will be mice in their next life.......
Remy...entered my life 4th April 2010......left for the Bridge 9th August 2010.
loved, missed and cherished.
Quote 0 0
Boogie
I know what you mean. I'm 3 days short of seven months and I feel the same way. In this entire time I have only cried a handful of times, but that's just me. My Boogie was so entwined with me, losing her is probably the biggest loss I have experienced in my 50-year life.

I write to her every single day in a diary I keep on my computer and also save on a memory stick. I write about what happened during the day (I'm also in a personal transformation process) and how I'm coping. It is immensely helpful and I appreciate being able to slow down at the end of the day (or whenever during the day I feel a need to write my thoughts down) and just focus on communicating with Boogie. I know she listens. 

I too can't wait till I'm together with her again. But I have this thing called life I have to go through first. And I want to do it well so that when I meet with her again I am not burdened by regrets or bad thoughts from my human life. I want to go to her feeling that I did a good job at what I had to do and now I'm free to be with her again. 

While I love and cherish my other dog and appreciate the time I have remaining with her (she's 10), she's not Boogie. She's like my own child, but Boogie was my heart. 

11 weeks is not a long time at all. I was still a mess inside at 11 weeks. I don't think it necessarily gets better, it just gets different. And while the clock ticks the time that removes you from the time you were together with your loved friend, it also ticks you closer to being with Remy again. 

My Boogie died on 3/25/2010. She was the best dog anybody could ask for. I will be with her again when my time comes.

A drawing of Pax by Heather Spears. She specializes in bereavement and is wonderful to work with, she understands how we feel. She can be reached at spears.heather@gmail.com
Quote 0 0
judylinn
Im sorry quirks , that you are in so much pain. my thoughts are with you

Boogie your story sounds like mine,. My prayers are with you both. Judy
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Dearest Erika,

I'm sorry these last two days have been hard for you.  I know it's so hard.  It hasn't been two months for me yet and it still hurts.  I know it must still hurt at 11 weeks.  Some days I'm ok and not hurting so bad, but I'm still missing my Tootie.  Then there are those days when I can't stop crying.  I don't cry every day, but I do have days where I can't hardly function at all.  I'm still not myself yet.  It's amazing how bad it still hurts. 

I feel your pain sister.  I know that your Remy was THE one for you, as my Tootie was the one for me.  Tootie was an extension of myself just as my kids are. 

I know you will do ok and you will be fine.  You have a strong support system around you and you got ME. 

I know what you mean about Maggie.  Cookie is the same way to me.  I love her, but she doesn't fill the hole left by Tootie.  Cookie loves me to pieces.  She follows every step I take.  She's so scared I'm going to do something and she won't be there to see it.  She's a lot of fun, like Maggie, but she's not my heart as Tootie was.  I know Remy was your heart too.  Tootie & Remy will be waiting for their mommas. 

Take care and be well and know that we are all here for you.

Love you Aussie sister!

Sherry

Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
slotaddict
I guess we are all pretty much alike when It comes to our babies.  My Kayla was the best dog, we thought she was the smartest dog ever..my heart is breaking that she is no longer here.
Quirks, I am so sorry for your loss, grief is the price we pay for having loved a particular animal and that animal returned that love manyfold....
I hope your days get better and I will remember everyone on the board in my prayers..hoping we all come to terms with what has happened and we are all reunited with our babies..
Everyday of my furbaby's life I used to hold her head in my hands and call her my beautiful girl...
Im sure none of our animals would want us to be so sad..but somehow even typing those words, it doesn;t make it any better..
Quirks, I wish you peace....
Quote 0 0
donnalee

quirks, I'm so sorry you are still having such a tough time but I'm glad you went to the doctor.  There is just nothing wrong with that.  It seems like this great loss of a greatly loved furbaby often brings up unresolved issues from the past for many.   I loved what you said about how your healing will be in honor of remy.   That is a lovely thought and will be a most worthy tribute to remy.  They really do bring about change in our lives.  My prayers are with you. 

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Erika,

I hope you guys enjoy your weekend holiday.  I hope the sadness about Remy doesn't take over and ruin your holiday.

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Hi My Friend Erika,
It really sucks doesn't it? Some day it seems like more than we can live with huh?  Love you and Remy.  I know you love me and Tuffy.  What I would not give to have them back.  Love you.
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
Rottiesmammandaddy

I'm sorry for your pain. Those first few days were so gut-wrenching, and painful I wish that on no one. Its been just under three weeks for us without Rottie, and I write to him everyday on here and I write thoughts down in my notebook. People may think its silly, but I don't feel that I can stop writing to him everyday, it's like something I have to do, no matter what. I guess it's my version of petting him daily, and holding him. God Bless.

In Loving Memory of Rottie, our baby boy
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROTTI002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
jen2010

aww Erika l am so sorry your having a tough time call me anytime day or night if your feeling down big hugssssssss

Quote 0 0
otto12
I know Erika, it hurts so bad. It has been 4 months since Jalle left and Im still in so much pain it still feels unreal what has happened. Some days are better and some days I just cry. It takes time to heal, I will never get over loosing him that way but I have started to accept that he is gone and trying to start thinking about the good times we had not about the way he died. I know he wouldnt want me to dwell on that and I know Remy wouldnt want you to dwell on how he died.

We did the best we could if we had known what was gonna happen we would have done everything to prevent it. Remy is always in your heart and always close to you even though you cant see him and one day you will meet again. I also have another cat but he is so different from Jalle and just like Sherry wrote about Tootie I felt that way about Jalle he was an extension of me, he was our special little boy our first baby. No one will ever take his place in our hearts.
Quote 0 0