Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 16      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Sampson

Reply with quote  #31 
You are very welcome! I hope you post more pictures.
S.
CK1991

Reply with quote  #32 
I have just been reading through the story of your Bailey. What a sweet dog! I had 2 shihtzus for years and they are so loyal, so lovable and so smart! So I was interested to hear about your shihtzu and he seemed very special. I love the pictures you posted, especially the one where he was lying in the grass at your home. As someone else commented, there was light all around him. It really was beautiful. Thanks for sharing and also for giving this little guy, who obviously had a rough start in life, such love and an amazing home. It really is wonderful to see!
Hugs to you
CK
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #33 
Sampson, yes I am going to post more pics of Bailey! :)

CK, I am so glad you enjoyed Bailey's story/pics. He really was a good little dog! The picture you mentioned is one of my favorites. We were actually the lucky ones to have Bailey in our lives for 15 years. Thanks for your kind words!

MJ :)
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #34 
Bails, I think this was your favorite bed. When you wanted to have a good (undisturbed) nap I would watch you sauntering toward the den in that graceful way you had of walking.  I've imagined that so many times since you've been gone!

IMG007.jpg 

Sometimes, when you had the chance, you made your own bed.  We could never figure out how you did it so perfectly as you always stopped if you saw us watching you.
Miss you sweet boy! xo xo

IMG008.JPG   

jimmy17

Reply with quote  #35 
Oh how snug Bailey looks in his lovely bed!!  I like the way he stopped making his bed when he knew he was being watched - Jim used to bury his chew stick in the garden, and like Bailey he`d stop if he caught either one of us watching him.   Funny memories to treasure. xx

Reply with quote  #36 
Jackie,
Bailey was funny that way - like a little old man. He usually stayed out with us but if he was really tired he would head off to the den where he knew it would be darker and quiet so he could really sleep. Sadly, during his last few months, he followed me everywhere and stayed as close as possible. I wish I had recognized the signs that he wasn't himself but, as I've said to others on here, we can only do the best we can with what we know in the moment - so I guess I have to realize that it was the same for me.
I can just picture Jim trying to bury that chew stick and then stopping if he saw you or your husband watching him.:) They're so funny, aren't they? It's these little things that we were so used to and took for granted that I'm really missing.
Hugs to you,
MJ
Sampson

Reply with quote  #37 
I love the latest pics MJ. Bailey really was a sweetie!
S.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #38 
Hi MJ,  I love the idea of Bailey going off into the den for a nice peaceful sleep, somewhere quiet where he could get his head down !  

I think a lot of us can look back now and remember little signs that maybe something was not quite right.  Jim started to bark when anyone came to the door, which was so out of character as he was such a chilled out dog, we used to joke that someone could break in, and he`d just turn over and go back to sleep!  He started to become very unsettled if one of us went out of the room.  Maybe dogs, like some people get a sense that something`s going to happen ?   At least we`ve  both got such happy memories to look back on, both Bailey and Jim gave us so many of those!

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks so much Sampson! He sure was!! :)

Jackie, I can see what you mean about Jim being laid back. He has that look like all is right with the world and he's just taking it in. It is so sad to think back and realized something was wrong and we didn't see it but it's all hindsight I guess (20/20). You're so right about the wonderful memories though! So many...... They'll be in our hearts forever!!
MJ :)

Bailey15

Reply with quote  #40 

It really was amazing how he made a bed any time we put down a blanket even on the sofa. Once, my husband called to me to then hallway. We had washed Bailey's bed (that we kept where - he had 3) amd his bed was drying so we put a fluffy blanket down. My husband thought I must had done it- it honestly looked like a huge clam shell with a center and it fanned out perfectly. Truth is, I couldn't have done it! We were amazed that Bailey could do that. I only wish we had taken a picture of it - we always think there will be another time....
Thanks CK! :)
Hugs,
MJ
MyBella

Reply with quote  #41 
Hi MJ,
Thank you for your lovely words for my letter to Bella, I am sorry I haven't replied sooner but quite frankly I was overwhelmed by the generous response to my letter.
I am so sorry for the loss of your Bailey,what sweet pictures of him in your post, it is still new for you without him in your daily life,you are honoring him in such lovely ways.
I sincerely wish your heart to find the peace it needs to somehow heal,may the memories of your sweet Bailey bring your heart that much desired peace.
Sincerely, Vera
ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #42 
Hello MJ.
     Thank You so much for stopping by my thread and reading about my girl Coco. It makes my heart glad when others are able to share in the wonderful life that I had with her. I also appreciated the poem, so beautiful.
      I read your story about Bailey tonight. He was so very adorable and I am very sorry for your loss. You gave him a wonderful, loving life MJ. I understand how precious these companions  become to us. How very much we miss them when they are no longer a part of our lives. I don't think a lot of us are quite prepared for the grief that follows.
       I appreciate the wonderful attitude you have and sharing the memories and pictures of Bailey. Each one brought a smile to my face. Again, Thank You so much for the visit. It impelled me to get to know your dear Bailey and I am glad I did. He is a real cutie and I am so happy that he had such a blessed life with you and family, truly!
                 Take Care of Yourself .................. I hope that you find comfort and healing MJ. Your precious boy Bailey is only a heartbeat away, forever...............Sincerely, Andrea.
Baileysbro

Reply with quote  #43 
What a cute dog, your Bailey.  Started off in life tragic--who would want to hurt that little cutie--and ended up having the perfect life.  How wonderful for him.  Sorry for your loss.

October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #44 
Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much for the lovely reply! I found it inspiring reading through your thread about your beloved Coco! I loved all of the beautiful pictures of Coco, poems and letters to her...... such an amazing tribute to such a special love that you shared!

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading about Bailey and also so happy that it brought a smile to your face! He really was a a beautiful little soul. I loved him more than I could ever say but I suspect (know) that you understand perfectly!!

When I read what you said about 'being a heartbeat away' it reminded me of what my mom sent in her sympathy card after Bailey passed and I thought I would share:

The only thing between us, whether we are big or small,
is a tiny heartbeat, just a heartbeat that is all.
So when you're feeling lonely and my death seems so unfair
You will always hear me whisper:
"Touch your heart. You'll find me there!"

I know that Coco and Bailey will always be just a heartbeat away!!
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #45 
Hi Baileysbro,
Thanks so much for your kind words! I will never understand how anyone can hurt an animal either - they are so innocent, loyal and loving.
Your Bailey reminds me of my sister's dog - he was a golden retriever and he and my Bailey looked so different but they were best buds!
I'm so sorry for your loss as well!!
MJ
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.