Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 15      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #1 
Our little Shih Tzu, Bailey, passed on November 10, 2015.  He was the absolute light of our lives and it's been the most painful 4 months of my life.  Bailey had a rough start in life. Before he came to us, he had been beaten and abused but he still loved everyone!  I know that everyone here is feeling that same awful heartache and I want to send positive thoughts out to all of you by sharing some of the wonderful times we had with our boy! :)

Halloween - 2006:
When children came to our door on "Halloween" Bailey assumed they were there to see him and they often did make a fuss over him - which he loved!!

IMG001.jpg  

Christmas 2010:
We spend Christmas Eve at my husband's parents' house every year. We spend a long time opening presents before dinner.
Bailey just had to go back and to see if there were any more presents for him. (I think he knew there were still a few there!)

IMG002.JPG 

One of the other teachers at school brought this hat for Bailey on St Paddy's Day: 2012

.  IMG003.JPG 

This photo is more recent. It was taken at our vets in October. Bailey passed 3 weeks later.

IMG006.jpg  

Bailey always loved lying in the grass.  He was never happier than when he could lay in his favorite spot watching our driveway in hopes that 
someone would drive in and he could put his head back and howl to welcome them. He really was quite the little watchdog!
I like to think he has found some soft green grass to lay in and play in. :)

IMG005.jpg  
           Bailey:2000 - 2015

We have so many photos of Bailey it was hard to choose but I wanted pictures that made me remember the fun times, and the amazing love we shared with our beautiful boy. Okay, I am crying as I post these but in time I know all of the beautiful memories he left behind will put a smile on my face!
Thanks for viewing!! 
MJ 

Sampson

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so glad I read this. It was sad but at the same time very uplifting. I loved all the pictures of your Baily but especially the last one. He really was a special little guy! The descriptions were all very nice. Thank you so much for posting Baily's story! It shows what a fabulous life you gave him. I really enjoyed it. Beautiful!!
May he rest in peace in the green grass you mentioned.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #3 
MJ. what beautiful, happy photo`s of Bailey. Although it`s so sad looking through all our old photo`s, it also proves to us what a lovely life we shared with our best ever little friends.  Sometimes the sadness we feel overshadows the good times we had,  which is so understandable as we are all still trying to come to terms with their loss. 
 I am sure Bailey would thank you himself if he could for all your care and love, especially after the tough start in life he had.  He certainly looks a lovely character, I love the one with his hat on !!.  

Hugs to you, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks so much Sampson! Bailey so deserved a good life after the abuse he had suffered and because he was such a good boy, always wanting to please. I'm glad you found his story uplifting and I also hope he has found peace. I hope he is young again with no pain and is able to run and play the way he used to do - perhaps at Rainbow bridge with all of the other bridge kids! :)
LUCYLULU

Reply with quote  #5 
MJ~ Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!! Your pictures of Bailey capture so much because they really show a happy, content, loving boy-- who is also a handsome little character. Though it sounds like he 'knew' that he was the fierce, cool dude too :-) Bailey surely knew that he struck gold when you rescued him. He got a second chance & man oh man, he was so lucky that he found you & vice versa. It's very nice to collect the happy memories and I thank you for this reminder. It is still very hard. Likely it always will be. Sending positive thoughts is appreciated because it's a reminder that we have so much to remember & hold onto to. I know I will always have the sad regrets & miss Lucy every single day...forever. But I also know how much love she gave & how many happy times we shared.

You're so right. There are good memories with our best buds. Your last picture of Bailey is positively amazing. He looks so peaceful...with light & love all around him. He is so happy. He has found his perfect spot. He has found his family. He is home! And he is with you always. Thank you again so very much MJ!  
Hugs, Kasey

Bailey15

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Jackie, I understand what you mean about the awful sadness we feel overshadowing the good times. My husband has been remembering nice things about Bailey for a while now and I didn't understand.
Bailey had surgery to remove a mass on his eyelid on Oct. 1. We took him to another province to see an opthomologist ASAP after finding out. The mass was actually scratching his cornea (still makes me sick to think how painful it must have been.) They removed it and said "it looked like cancer but not the type that would spread". We were ecstatic he made it through the surgery (at his age) but even more so when they called 2 weeks later to say the biopsy results came back and everything looked great: margins clear, etc. Then, just a few weeks later, he stopped eating and it was a nightmare of visits to the vet and Emergency room, trying to tempt him to eat with anything he ever liked. When blood work ahowed his wbc was so high and antibiotics wouldn't work we knew it was over. I think I actually went into shock. I felt really numb for months and not able to understand my husband mentioning happy times. I still cry for Bailey every day but I have recently started to think (sometimes) about the wonderful times we shared. I guess it's all part of this terrible thing called grieving. Thank so much for your kind words about Bailey! Yes, I loved the Leprechaun hat too! Hugs to you too!
MJ :)
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Kasey,

Thanks so much for such a heartfelt response! I know how much you must miss Lucy and the terrible pain of missing her but I also know that you gave her such an amazing life and yes shared many happy times - and in the end that means everything. I feel the same about Bailey - I will love him forever.

So funny what you said about the fierce, cool dude! :) That was him alright! He was so small yet he was such a little protector. If he thought we were sick he was right there. I had surgery in 2011 and Bailey wouldn't leave my side. My husband had to literally lift him off the bed to go for his walks. He loved laying out there on our lawn and guarding the house. It was so sweet! We had to sit on the verandah and watch him because we do have coyotes around but we would have our coffee and let him enjoy his time lying in the grass. I love what you said about that last picture! Such a beautiful description!! Thank you! We are having it enlarged and placed on canvas to hang so we can see it and think of Bailey at his happiest! :)

Thanks again for all you kind words!
Hugs back to you!

LUCYLULU

Reply with quote  #8 
MJ~  I had to edit b/c I felt like I hijacked & talked too much about Lucy. But I mean it. Thank you again. Your good memories idea helped me go back & look @ more recent Lucy pictures-- which I had been 'avoiding'.  As we have learned, especially from the wise forum people, they rally for us...& often mask or hide their pain. Just like you wrote. I carried Lucy for so much that it was second nature. Once in a while she'd try & make it up a step. Heart bleeds. But it helped to look through the pictures.

I also love that Bailey was right next to you-- comforted you and protected you-- even as you were healing from surgery. Having that picture enlarged & hanging sounds wonderful! It will be great to 'see' Bailey everyday. Such a great idea & an amazing picture too! Hugs, Kasey
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Kasey,
You didn't talk about Lucy too much at all! I thought everything you said was actually very touching and it really made me feel good to know that it might have helped you even a little bit seeing some of the good times we shared with Bailey. :).
I love that everyone here simply adores their pet friends but we all feel so much heartbreak as a result of losing them. I thought it might be good to share some "good times" memories. I know that grief is a process we all have to go through - it's the price we pay for having a beautiful pet in our lives and making them an important part of our families. Even with how devastated I've been since Bailey had to leave us, I would never go back and change anything. He gave us the best 15 years of our lives!
Kasey, I know you like poetry so I'll include this short poem that a friend sent in a sympathy card after Bailey died.

"Treasured Memories of Your Pet"

The tide recedes but leaves behind
bright seashells on the sand,
the sun goes down
but gentle warmth
still lingers on the land,
the music stops and yet it
echoes on in sweet refrains....

For every joy that passes,
Something beautiful remains.

Our beautiful memories of our wonderful pets will always remain with us. :)
MJ
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #10 
MJ, what a beautiful poem - I`m sure it will mean so much to us all on here. Although the absolute joy of having our friends in our lives has gone, they have left us with so many wonderful memories that can never ever be diminished.   We were so very lucky to have loved our little friends so much, and to have been given that special unconditional love back from them. 

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #11 
I too feel the same. What uplifting lovely pictures. It is so wonderful to see Bailey so content. My husband is able to focus more on the good times we had with our beautiful girl Sadie. I am trying hard to do that as well so I can move forward. I want to honor Sadie by being able to talk about her to others and tell them how special she was. I hope in time we can all share some happy stories of our babies. I wish we could of known each other before we lost our babies. You are all such wonderful caring people who put your beloved babies first. I am happy to have found you all.
Much peace
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #12 
Tammy, what a lovely thought, that we could have all met when we had our beautiful little friends. I am so glad to have found this wonderful site, full of like minded people who loved their animals so very much. Sadie sounds such a lovely girl, and I`m sure you will soon be able to tell us some of your memories of her. 
 Sometimes I think I get so wrapped up in grieving for my dog Jim, it actually stops me from remembering all the happy times. Maybe its just early days, though 13 weeks sounds such a long time since he was with me. 
                       Jackie.

Reply with quote  #13 
Jackie,
I'm so glad you liked the poem. I think you are right about it being early days. When my husband talked about happy memories shortly after Bailey died I couldn't understand how he could do it. All I could think of was his illness that caught me off guard after he just had made it through surgery and been given a clean bill of health - and then the fact that despite everything we had tried we couldn't make it better this time and couldn't save him. I'm still finding it incredibly difficult and there are still times when I can't believe he is actually gone but yesterday I thought it might be nice to post some pictures of happier times and it did make me feel better. Considering how long you had Jim (17 years) 13 weeks is such a short time to process his loss and then to try and find that new normal.
Wishing you peace,
MJ
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Tammy (Sadie's mom),
It's so nice to know you found Bailey's pictures uplifting! Thanks so much for telling me that.
In time you will be able to honor Sadie's memory and share stories and pictures of her. I would love to see/hear them! For now be kind to yourself as grief is such a difficult thing to go through. I understand all too well unfortunately.
What a nice idea - if everyone could share even one favorite memory (or more!) of their wonderful friends - when they feel the time is right. :)
Such a nice thought also, as Jackie said, if we could have all met with our beautiful little pets. I am hoping they have all met and are healthy, happy and having a wonderful time together!!
Sending you hugs,
LUCYLULU

Reply with quote  #15 
MJ~ The poem is wonderful. I love it. The imagery is remarkable because being @ the ocean is very soothing, even if it's just sitting watching the waves....or finding treasures that 'the tide'...'leaves behind'. And there's truth there too because we understand the undercurrent of emotion, the 'waves' imagery that can change each day-- each hour sometimes. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us and also for  a helping us to think of good memories. Extra hugs, Kasey
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.