dachsiemom Show full post »
msweet13
Dearest Moira - Just stopping by to see how you are doing. I keep you and Brandon in my prayers.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Denise-  Thank you so much for thinking of me.  Like all of us, I am adjusting to life without my soul mate.  Brandon was not my first loss, but he has been the most difficult.  There is simply nothing that can compare to the constant love and devotion of a dog.  I miss having a dog, and I think about Brandon every day.  My plan to get another puppy has made it somewhat easier to get through the last couple of months, but I am both exited and anxious about that.  I am also praying for you.  -Moira
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Dear Moria (Brandon’s Mommy)
I wanted to let you know that you & Brandon have been in my thoughts lately, just wanted to stop by and see how you’re doing. I just read your recent post on how you’re doing and I’m sending you warm hugs. I know you’re going through a lot of heartbreak without Brandon. It is so painfully hard adjusting to life without our soul mate, our heart dog, our babies. Not a day has gotten easier. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Brandon. Hugs 💛
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Thank you Jenny-  you are a sweetheart.  You know what it is like for me to be without my Brandon because you are experiencing the same thing without your Teddy.  I knew it would be difficult and it is.  But I can honestly say that I do not wish Brandon back in the terrible condition he was in at the end.  He was ravaged with health problems; his time had come.  I would love to have him back young and healthy.  That is not how life works, though, and I am making the adjustment.  Teddy must have been a wonderful dog.  I pray for you as you continue on your grief journey.  And I am glad that we have both found this forum.    -Moira (Dachshiemom)
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Moira,

I have been wondering how you’ve been doing, I just want to let you know you’re in my thoughts. Hugs 💕

Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Thank you for thinking of me, Jenny.   Brandon has been gone a little over 4 months, and although sometimes it seems an eternity since he died it also seems as if he was just here.   No doubt you can relate to that.  His final illness was such a long ordeal for me, but I think I am doing OK now.  You may know that I am bringing home my new dachshund boy on Thursday.  I'm both excited and nervous as it has been 15 years since I've raised a puppy.   And Brandon will be a tough act to follow!  But I am ready to devote myself to my new boy.  - Moira aka Dachsiemom
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Moira, it's wonderful that you are opening up your heart to a new puppy! I can imagine how nervous you must be. Puppies bring so much joy to a house and into your life. Brandon will be right there with you and he will help you raise the new puppy. Congratulations.
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
dachsiemom wrote:
Thank you for thinking of me, Jenny.   Brandon has been gone a little over 4 months, and although sometimes it seems an eternity since he died it also seems as if he was just here.   No doubt you can relate to that.  His final illness was such a long ordeal for me, but I think I am doing OK now.  You may know that I am bringing home my new dachshund boy on Thursday.  I'm both excited and nervous as it has been 15 years since I've raised a puppy.   And Brandon will be a tough act to follow!  But I am ready to devote myself to my new boy.  - Moira aka Dachsiemom

Moria,

It truly does feel like just yesterday our boys left and then it also feels like forever ago. It’s a very weird feeling. Its still very hard without Teddy. Oh I do remember you saying you’re bringing home your new fur baby. I wasn’t sure if you still were and was just going to ask you. Im excited for you and your new fur baby, I know Brandon will be watching over the both of you and always be with you. 💛What’s the gender? And it’s a dachshund correct?

Quote 0 0