Mickeysdad
One year ago today our beloved Bichon/Poodle mix, Mickey, went to the Rainbow Bridge. We miss him so much. He was our little boy. We adopted him when he was 10 and when he passed last year he was 17 1/2. He had some issues but we loved him even more because of them. During the fall of 2014 age began to catch up with him he started to lose his sense of his surroundings and would get stuck in corners and under chairs. His back legs started giving out. When he no longer could sleep through the night and would whine constantly my wife knew it was time. We took him to our vet on New Years Eve and being held by his mom wrapped in his bone blankie he passed to the bridge. I know he is now young again running with all the other fur babies waiting for us to join him. Because of the love he taught us to give we have since adopted 2 more senior dogs, Maddy and Mitzi. Mitzi looks a lot like Mickey. The morning after we brought Maddy and Mitzi home we found a rainbow on our living room floor. We like to think that it was a sign from Mick telling us he was OK with our adopting our new girls. We will never forget you Mick, you're in our hearts forever.
Tom
Quote 0 0
bartlett
I'm sure your Mickey would say "yes" to your adoption of two other senior pets. It takes a loving heart to do that and I'm sure you have that from reading your story. I just recently had to put my baby to sleep and no one who has not done that can understand the heartbreak. Just unbearable.
I'm sure your little boy is looking down and is glad you have two new little girls to keep you company and give your love to. Bless you.
Chester's mom (Joan)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
camunki
yes, that rainbow is a huge sign!!!that Your Mickey is safe and happy at the bridge...And adopting senior pets is a great thing, seniors probably get passed by more than they want, and you are doing a great thing by adopting them. You gave Mickey over 7 1/2 years of a great life.....in the end, he knew love and what life should be like.

Its scary how one year can go by so fast........I too am approaching one year with my Daizy, she was only 9 y/o and had to be sent to the bridge on 1/2/15, so i am dreading the next 24 hours.

You did a wonderful thing by adopting Maddy & Mitzi and I am sure Mickey is thrilled with that! Mickey is your guardian angel, til you meet again.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Mickeysdad
Thank you Joan and Camunki for your kind words. I am very sorry for both your losses. Camunki, today is the one year anniversary of your Daizy going to the bridge. You are in my thoughts since I know how hard this day can be.

We enjoy adopting older dogs. We know it can be difficult for them to find homes. Maddy is 11 and Mitzi is10. We hope we can have at least as many years with them as we had with Mickey. Maddy is the Lhasa Apso and Mitzi is a Bichon Frrise.
Tom
Quote 0 0
camunki
thanks tom, and i love the recent pic you have of Maddy and Mitzi, they are so freaking adorable!! and may they have many more years of joy in this world with you, you are a saint for adopting the seniors!!

Thanks for the wishes of my Daizy, yes today is one year, it only feels like a few months ago, i had her here physically, i cannot believe how fast one year can go by. I still cry from time to time about her, and most recently alot more tears cuz i still miss her.

Also wishing you peace and good memories of your Mickey after the one year anniversay has crossed.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0