Forum

Author   Comment  
lmc1221

Reply with quote  #1 
My beloved Reilly died early in the morning on Black Friday, after a happy Thanksgiving day with her family. She was 14 1/2 and showing signs of failing, but in the past couple of weeks had seemed more like her spunky, healthy self. We had just left to visit my parents across the street, never expecting anything to happen, as she seemed fine all day. Then my daughter called to say something was wrong. We came home and Reilly seemed to be having trouble breathing and walking. I brought her to bed with me, but she was restless, and finally fell or jumped off the bed at about 3 a.m. My husband and I brought her downstairs and he stayed with her until about 5 a.m., when she appeared to be comfortably sleeping. By the time my daughter got up at 8 a.m., Reilly was gone.

I know she had a good life, I know that 14 1/2 is a long life, I know how blessed I was not to have to make the dreaded decision to "put her down," that I had the opportunity to hug her and tell her how much I loved her before she died, but it doesn't make it any easier and it doesn't stop me wondering why it happened then. Did she eat something at Thanksgiving that made her sick? Should we have stayed with her so she wasn't alone when she died? (Although I really think she was waiting for us to leave her, because it seemed she let herself pass on right after my husband came back to bed.)

I feel like I lost a child and have been crying ever since.
SharonsPie

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Imc, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Reilly. It's normal to start questioning yourself, but really, we never know why things happen the way they did. Your family showed her your love and concern , and she passed at home where she felt safe. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life. Take time to grieve. If you need support come here.
Sharon.
Gmr

Reply with quote  #3 
So sorry for your loss of Reilly.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.