Monroegirl
I regret not getting a snippet of your fur, Monnie. You had the most beautiful coloring. I loved your bushy tail so much. I wanted to snip off some, but you were always so particular about your fur and I didn't want to upset you when you weren't feeling well, my girl.  I kept putting it off.....I couldn't do it after you passed, either. Now it's just something else I regret. I miss you so much, my girl! I can't believe you've been gone three weeks now. My heart is forever broken. I know that you don't want me to be sad, though. I love you so much.
Andrea (Monnie's Momma) https://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MONRO001/Resident.htm

Quote 3 0
Buddy_Mama
I understand how you’re feeling, Monnie’s Momma. I haven’t vacuumed my house since well before I lost my Buddy, 8 weeks ago tomorrow... because I can’t bear the thought of not having his fur around me, on the carpets and furniture. If I vacuum, the last physical remnants of him will be gone forever. It’s not logical, and I know I need to do it, but I’m still not ready. You’re not alone in wanting that tangible feel of your baby’s fur. And in feeling heartbroken, sad and lost. ❤️
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 1 0
mybestgirlSiffie
I'm so sorry for the regret and pain you're feeling @Monroegirl. My dog companion died very suddenly recently and I am living with the regret of all the future plans I had with her that I didn't prioritize. Regret is so hard. But you're right, our furry friends always wanted us to be happy and healthy. Sending you comfort.
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
Buddy_Mama wrote:
I understand how you’re feeling, Monnie’s Momma. I haven’t vacuumed my house since well before I lost my Buddy, 8 weeks ago tomorrow... because I can’t bear the thought of not having his fur around me, on the carpets and furniture. If I vacuum, the last physical remnants of him will be gone forever. It’s not logical, and I know I need to do it, but I’m still not ready. You’re not alone in wanting that tangible feel of your baby’s fur. And in feeling heartbroken, sad and lost. ❤️

Thank you, Cindy. I've had the same feelings about the vacuuming. I told my husband how each time I do, that I feel that there is less and less of my girl around. You'll know when the time is right, but I think it's good to follow along on the wave of grief in the ways it takes us. So very difficult. Thank you for making me not feel alone. 
Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
I'm so sorry for the regret and pain you're feeling @Monroegirl. My dog companion died very suddenly recently and I am living with the regret of all the future plans I had with her that I didn't prioritize. Regret is so hard. But you're right, our furry friends always wanted us to be happy and healthy. Sending you comfort.

Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet dog. That's what I keep holding onto when the grief is in it's tighest grip: they want us to be happy and whole. Thank you for comfort; it means so much to not feel alone.
Quote 1 0
LaGata
I have some fur from LaGata's brush.  I made the mistake of ordering from cuddle clones...I sent many pics and a lot of money....she came home yesterday just in time for her 3 month anniversary.  I was so disappointed that l cried all night.  It doesn't look like her, the head is to small, the coloring is completely off.  The eye color is wrong, the fur is short and cheap and fake.  I spent 350 just to hold my baby one more time, and it came from china
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
I'm so sorry to hear that, @LaGata.  I wish that you had a better experience and that it looked more like her....I can understand that you feel disappointed. I'm glad that you have some of her fur. Take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0
LaGata
Tks monnies mama...today will be a long sad day....but I'm trying to remember the good times over 16 yrs...oh my.....the time went by in a flash and I'd give everything I own just to have her back again, even for a moment, so I'd know for sure that she knew how much l loved her.
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
LaGata wrote:
Tks monnies mama...today will be a long sad day....but I'm trying to remember the good times over 16 yrs...oh my.....the time went by in a flash and I'd give everything I own just to have her back again, even for a moment, so I'd know for sure that she knew how much l loved her.

I'd love to have that chance, too. Just some more time. To hear her little "chirp" when I would bury my face in her fur as she was napping. Her little chirp that said, "Hi Mom"! Our morning dance as she would be so eager to get her food and steal her sister's food, too, iut time when I would get into bed for the night and she would follow right after and knead and knead and knead.....I miss all the things. The years, have indeed, flown by. I love my girl forever and always. 

Our girls knew our love....I believe that. I'll be thinking of you today and I hope that you get some some unexpected peace and comfort today. 
Quote 1 0