dee83
I just lost one of my 2 fur babies yesterday. I have 2 human children as well and I am finding it hard to console them as I am devastated. He escaped yesterday and got knocked down right outside our front door. He died within minutes. His name was Bobby Bear and he was the sweetest most loving dog I have ever known. We do have his brother Teddy Bear who is also loving but is a lot more independent than Bobby Bear.

I know it's only been a day but it is just so hard. I cannot stop thinking about him and I can't get his last moments out of my mind.

Bobby Bear was only 9 months old. I know everyone thinks their fur babies are special and they are but Bobby really was unique.

He was a Maltese cross Bichon and had the funkiest hair style ever. We used to call him Albert Einstein. He was so loving and constantly licking you all over. He was so mischievous always knocking over the bins, seeking out the shoes and tormenting his big brother Teddy Bear.

We used to joke that he was half cat as he could do some amazing jumps. He would perch on your shoulder and climb all over you. He loved everybody and everybody loved him and he knew it. Every time you walked by him he would stop, drop and roll over for a belly rub no matter what. He had such a lovely smile and was always smiling.

It is hard to explain how unique he was. He was such a loving, gentle soul.

I miss him so much. I can't eat or sleep. I am trying to comfort my children and Teddy Bear who is wandering around every room looking for Bobby.

How can I be strong enough to manage my grief and help my children through this horrible time?

Quote 0 0
MyBella

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Bobby Bear, I am so sorry for the pain and heartache that you and your family are going through.
Such cute names for both Bobby Bear and Teddy Bear, I love those names, the photo of Bobby Bear is so adorable, I can see how loving him would be so easy.

I think you have done a great job in explaining how unique Bobby Bear is, the way you have described his antics and the fun loving way he would play and crawl on your shoulder is so sweet.

Your pain is so new and raw right now, your heart is shattered....as are your children's and Teddy's, he is lost and probably a bit confused as to where Bobby is. I can only imagine how hard it is going to be for you to be the main support for your children and also for Teddy, give Teddy lots of love and attention right now, he too is grieving.

Visit here as often as you need, the people here all understand the pain you are feeling, such a wonderful group of people on here. Grieve as long as you need, grieving has no time limit, so no need to rush or push yourself. I find writing about my little girl Bella has helped, sharing her funny adventures and stories with everyone has helped in the healing process, maybe you would like to do the same.

I am so sorry for your loss, sending positive healing thoughts to you and your family.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
dee83
Hi Don and Vera,

Thank you so much for your kind message. It is getting harder every day. I can't get Bobby's little face out of my mind. I keep replaying the accident over and over again and thinking if only my son had shut the gate, if only I had have been downstairs instead of upstairs, I could have prevented it. One second , that's all it took. I had just got out of the shower when I heard my son shout that the dogs had got out. I looked out of the top floor window to see Bobby lying on the ground convulsing. I didn't know whether it was Bobby Bear or Teddy Bear. At first I thought he was just rolling around on the road, my mind refused to believe it. Then I screamed to my partner that one of the dogs had been knocked down. I had to waste precious seconds throwing on clothes. Even as I was flinging on clothes I was still clinging onto to the hope that he would be ok, that we could rush him to the vet and he could be saved. I ran downstairs but it was too late my partner was shielding Bobby with his body screaming at me not to come closer. I stood there screaming and crying.

I feel so bad that I couldn't even comfort my children at this time. I had to ask my neighbours to bring them inside. I am so ashamed that I shouted at my son "now do see what happens if you don't shut the gate". He is only seven and I can't believe I did that.

My partner brought Bobby into a neighbours to cover him. He put him in a drawer and wrapped Bobby in a blanket before bringing him home. When he brought him in and put him on the table Teddy started sniffing the air. He was so confused, he could smell Bobby but not see him. We could only stroke Bobby's leg to say goodbye and keep the rest of him covered as he was that badly injured. We buried him that day in in our back garden in his bed and blanket with his first ever jumper and collar and his favourite toys. My partner made a lovely memorial area for Bobby but I can't bear to look at it.

My eldest daughter is taking it very hard. It is her birthday today and I can't even bring myself to do anything special.

Quote 0 0
RhondaKliman1234
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. It's difficult to loss a loving animal and especially so quickly as you. The kids will help you cope as well as you will help them. The kids can be a big help with your other fur baby getting him thru his grief as well. This isn't something that comes with any rules or guides. I am one week after losing my girl Molly and I'm still crying and aching everyday. Please let yourself cry and grieve and feel. Your daughter bday can be another day. I had lots of those when my husband was over seas and she wanted to wait till he was home. I know not the same just a thought. Take care of yourself, try to sleep a little and be strong.
Rhonda Kliman
Quote 0 0
BradsMum
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your precious Bobby Bear.  You and your family lost one of your members and you are all in pain and the tragic circumstances will add to your grief.  Please find comfort in knowing that others here can feel your pain and understand exactly the difficult journey you are taking right now.

Faye
[image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  l
Quote 0 0
dee83
Thank you Faye and Rhonda for your kind words. Rhonda I'm so sorry for your loss of Molly. I hope you have lots of support at home. Faye, I hope you are finding your loss a bit easier to cope with.

It is so painful to endure. The pain is getting harder to bear by the day. I can't eat , I can't sleep. As I type this I can hear my daughter sobbing upstairs and I can't bear to go up to comfort her as I am trying to lock the pain away but I have such a pain in my chest that feels so heavy. I am being so selfish and I know it.

I know that I am lucky to still have Teddy Bear and I do love Teddy with all of my heart but Bobby Bear really was so special. The house is so quiet without him and all the mischief he used to get up. He was like a naughty toddler but you couldn't help but to laugh at his antics. Teddy is a serious dog and Bobby really brought him to life. Bobby would torment Teddy until he played with him and although Teddy Bear was the older dog Bobby taught him a lot.

I have rang my vet for advice as to how to help Teddy as he is so lost and depressed. He is barely eating and to get him to drink even a little bit I have to pour the water into my hand and he will take little sips.

The vet has advised to get a new puppy to try to get Teddy out of his depression as he needs a companion. He has said that he has seen cases where the remaining dog has literally faded away. I am so worried about Teddy but I really don't think this is the right thing to do and I think that it is way too soon. I don't feel that I can open my heart to another puppy. I think I would resent him for not being Bobby. It wouldn't be fair on a puppy to be brought into a home full of sadness as I think it would shape the dog he would grow into. When we got Teddy and then later Bobby it was such a time of happiness and joy and this would not be. I literally feel sick at the thought. It just does not feel right at all but what do I do if Teddy continues the way he is?

If anybody has any experience of this I would really appreciate your thoughts on this and your outcome. Thanks so much.
Quote 0 0
dee83
Here are some photos of my funny, mischievous , gentle soul.

I love you you so much Bobby Bear. Be happy wherever you are and keep smiling xxxx
Quote 0 0
dee83
Miss you so much Bobby Bear. The house is so quiet without you. I miss you knocking over all the bins. I miss having to chase you around the house for the toilet brush.

Teddy Bear misses you so much. I am so worried about him.
Quote 0 0
shantismom
What a beautiful picture of your little Bobby Bear.  There isn't very much that we can say except that we understand completely your grief.  It is such a painful thing when we lose our babies and it takes time for that pain to ease.
Try to think of Bobby Bear without any problems.  There is no pain, stress or anything else that he is going through.  It is you who have the pain and you have it because you first had that love.  
My cat Shanti died a little over a year ago.  His circumstances were different from your baby as he had health problems and now I can think of him without any of those problems.  
This forum is a good place to let out all you are feeling because we have all been there and are still on our grief journey.
I will be praying for you and your family, I am so sorry you are going through this.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0