Phoebe
Hello. 
I lost my beautiful baby Siberian husky on Friday. She had to be put to sleep. Two weeks ago following an unwell weekend she was diagnosed with an aggressive splenic tumour and advanced CKD. She was 14 and surgery felt to be unfair and risky particularly if the prognosis after is not good. We nursed her at home, over the course of two weeks she deteriorated, incontinent, colon pain, diet next to nothing yet she still helped me get her to places she once loved. I know deep down that the time was right even though her mind wanted to stay with me yet her body failed and the massive risk of the tumour bursting would have been fatal and awful for her. But despite this I feel terrible. It doesn't make it easier. I can't sleep or eat, I feel so empty and my heart heavy. I miss her so much and would do anything to touch, feel and see her again. 
I would be grateful for any words of advise or to hear from those with similar experience. 
Phoebe Riley
Quote 1 0
Angelbaby
I feel the same way.  We put our boy to sleep 2 weeks ago.  He was 17 and our child.  He had a tough couple of years.  He lost an eye but thankfully he got through that and we had a couple more good years.  He started having an occasional seizure and vet said it was probably a brain tumor.  His age would have made surgery and treatment options to risking.  Also if it was a brain tumor his prognosis wasn't great.  The last 2 month his seizures got worse, he went blind in other eye, nasal and sinuses clogged up and he could only breath through his mouth, he was not wanting to be touched and was not sleeping well and kept licking the rough of his mouth.  I tried everything to make him comfortable with the vet prescribing steriods and pain meds that final 2 weeks.  We all knew that last couple of weeks it was hospice care and making him comfortable.  I was so hoping he passed in his sleep as I didnt want to have to put him to sleep.  The decision was made at 2 am two weeks ago when he was struggling to breath.  It was so hard handing my baby over.  Because of Covid I could not go into the hospital when it happened.   Maybe that was a blessing.  The past two weeks I have cried a lot and questioned alot.  I found myself beating myself up for all the choices I made.  I was feeling a lot of guilt over what I did and didn't do.  I can tell you it was hard to eat and sleep and go on without him. It is slowly getting better.  We got his ashes back and I picked a photo for his urn back when he was healthy and happy.  I also looked at old photos and videos of him when he was younger and it helped me remember all the happy years we had together.  I can honestly say I will always love and miss him, but I hope to learn to live with it one day at a time.  This group and my other furbabies have helped.  
Quote 3 0
Annie_sMom07
Hello Phoebe,
I'm so sorry for your loss. We just lost our Annie girl last Tuesday. It was gut-wrenching. We knew it was time, and I think she was telling us it was time for her to go, but it's been 6 days and the loss is still so keen. She had Canine Cognitive Disorder, and it was causing her body to basically turn on itself. Her Vet tried what he could to help her and us, but nothing really worked. I know she's whole again on the other side of the Bridge, but my heart is just shattered without her here. I've been collecting all the pictures I've taken over the years in order to make an "Annie" album. I've also been writing the happier, funnier moments we've had over our 12.8 years together in a journal.  I've kept her favorite blankets, collars, and toys, and I'll be storing them in our cedar chest for safe keeping. We donated her leftover dog food and other toys to the local shelter because my girl made friends with just about every dog she met and she would want to help those in need. We're planting a few trees on our property in her honor, my girl loved the outdoors, and we'll bury her ashes under one of the trees. 
  Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. There is no timeline on grief. We just have to take our time and embrace whatever comes our way: Sadness, guilt, anger, relief, happiness.. all of it is necessary to heal. 
Missy Bee
Quote 2 0
cat_person
My deepest condolences... Give yourself some time to grieve. It will get better with time. You are not alone.
Tatiana
Quote 2 0
Phoebe
Thankyou. Two weeks on and unbearable, picked Storms ashes up yesterday and she is home again. 
I hope you continue to heal xx
Phoebe Riley
Quote 2 0
Martha_blue_00
Hello Phoebe. Sending my deepest condolences for your loss. It has been a year since my fur baby passed away, and I still haven’t processed the loss. I feel you. Hopefully it won’t take that much time for you, but if it does, it’s ok. We understand your loss.
Quote 1 0
Zooey
My thoughts are with you ❤ 
Zooey 
Quote 0 0