Ionaskye
I can't seem to stop crying. I am at such a loss after saying goodbye to my girl yesterday. I have a husband and children and I feel guilty for being such a wreck in front of them. I feel I should be able to carry on as normal but I cannot seem to function. I am just sat doing nothing but wishing there was something to take away the pain. I keep wondering if she knew I was holding her in her last moments. Does she realise she has moved on. Does she miss me. Where is she now...and does she understand I needed to let her go...please don't hate me Skye my girl for what had to be done. Give me a sign you are ok and happy. So many thoughts I am having and I can't even eat. Haven't eaten since she passed yesterday....how long does this grief last?
Quote 0 0
RoxysMum
I know exactly how you feel, I said goodbye to Molly 9 days ago and I'm asking myself the same questions.  I find the afternoons and late evenings are the worst.  We would go for a walk in the afternoon then she'd curl up on my lap while I studied.  Then in the evening my daughter would be in the shower or studying in her room while my husband pottered about doing chores while Molly and I would play and keep each other company.  Roxy is doing all that now but I look at her and think 'it should be Molly', which makes me feel guilty for missing her and upsets me that she's gone.

It's getting easier each day but it's going to take a long time before things feel ok again.

Take care and try to eat xxx
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So sorry for your loss of Skye, the first few days are absolutely unbearable, but it will start to get a little easier.  I am 6 months into losing my dog, and although I still cry some days, I can look back at the wonderful life we shared with him.  I also asked myself similar questions as you are doing now - wondering where he is, is he lonely, and I believe he is in a beautiful place such as the Bridge, just waiting until we meet again.  We share such a strong bond for our animals that I really don`t think that bond can just disappear.
 Please don`t feel guilty for being so upset, - I couldn`t eat or sleep for almost a week, but one think I`m sure of is that Skye doesn`t hate you for releasing her from pain, she would thank you for all the love and care you gave her while she was with you.  Lots of us on this forum have seen little signs when our animals have passed away - feathers, coins - I even used to turn the radio on and a song would be playing that I could really relate to.   Be kind to yourself, as grief is such a consuming emotion and really saps your energy.
                                                                          Take care, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Weepatchesoflove
Hiya Skye's mum
Please don't beat your self up over helping to take her pain away! You have her the greatest gift going ~ you have taken her pain away and gave her the freedom of the Bridge and she knows you loved her in her life as she knows you loved her to help her to the Bridge. She couldn't do it herself, she needed you to do it.
Take care and best wishes
Michelle &Patches
Patches mum
Quote 0 0
Ionaskye
My faith has been tested. I don't know where she is but I do hold into the fact that I may see her again one day. Today has been a living hell it really has. I'm trying this evening to do normal things. At the moment I am trying to continue with my degree studies whilst my kids are skyping friends and my husband is watching the football...all normal stuff but I feel so guilty for trying to be normal. If I don't at least try this will consume me. If it hasn't already. I need to do normality right now but it's so hard. I have eaten a sandwich but that's all I can stomach. I'm so trying to accept that Skye wouldn't want me to stop living but.....there's this mental block I can't get over. It's been 27 hours of pure torture. I feel like I am going insane. Thank God I can let it out on here or I may just burst. Thankyou guys for all your kind words. I hope tomorow is a bit brighter xxxx
Quote 0 0
CCIntrigue

It's been 2.5 weeks since we lost our baby.  Every day is a little easier, although I still have moments where I burst out crying.  I will forever miss her.  

Sending up prayers on your behalf.  

Quote 0 0
Ionaskye
Thankyou. It's comforting to be able to share with others in the same situation although I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Much love to you all too xxxx
Quote 0 0
Scott5420
Dear lonaskye,
I don't know if I can offer any words of comfort better than what others have said already, but know that you are not alone. I lost my beloved cat of 12 years two weeks ago today - an agonizing day that has left me heartbroken and lost. I know what you mean by a test of faith - I do believe that animal souls will reconnect with them again someday, and that our love for our pets never ends (both from you the person and from them), but in this time of grief it is so hard to remember that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Know that when you weep God weeps with you and we are all here to offer comfort and support.
Quote 0 0
Ionaskye
Thankyou Scott

Sending prayers your way too.
It's now 49 and a half hours since Skye left us and the time is going so slowly and painfully. I am barely existing this evening .....but I know I will wake up tomorrow and plod on. Each day is hitting me like another brick wall I have to try and smash through. Trying in vain to do normal things. Failing badly.

xxxx
Quote 0 0
MLynne
I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Your Skye and you will always be connected and she is watching over you every second of everyday. Skye is free to run and play with no pain only love and happiness which the gift you gave each other. Sending love and blessings your way
Quote 0 0
Scott5420
Hang in there lonaskye. You are not alone. Sending love and prayers to you!
Quote 0 0