BorderCollieLover
Each day I'm trying to call another pet-loving pet person to help with the grieving process. I know that many people will be sympathetic to my desire to express my true feelings without judgment. Last night I contacted my long-time friend Joe. We haven't seen each other in quite some time. Joe is a big pet lover (so is his wife). They used to own a beautiful Old English Sheepdog. I felt really bad for them when their fur baby passed several years ago. Joe confided in me that "we cried every day for several months" after out dog passed. I was  glad that Joe was so receptive to my need to vent about the loss of my beloved Shelby. We talked for about an hour. He never interrupted. Not once. He let me express all my feelings to the fullest. I was so happy that he understood my profound sense of loss. He's been there, so he knows. He confided in me that one of the things that got him through the loss of his Old English Sheepdog was to journal every day. He would, very simply, write down all of the happy memories he had with his companion - whatever they may be. There was no set format or order. Whatever popped into his mind that particular day was what he wrote. He felt this had really helped with the grief. Some days he would write a lot; other days very little. No two days were the same. I think that was a wonderful idea. I'm going to start today. No pressure, just do what I feel like doing. So glad I called him last night. 
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
I'm sorry about the loss of your baby.  I have been doing this as well.  I'm not sure if it is helping me or not but it's definitely not hurting so I'm going to keep doing it.
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0