toleartist

Ravyn 2012.jpg I lost my beloved Ravyn on 9/22/13. She would have been 8 years old last week 10/3. She was diagnosed with IMHA (Immune Mediated Hemoytic Anemia) in the ER and two days later needed a transfusion. We decided to let her go. At times the guilt is overwhelming, though I know we couldn't have put her through this. I miss her more and more as each day passes. She was truly a gentle giant who loved everyone. She would bring our fosters out of their shells, she would be the mother to any of the younger fosters. Well, actually, she seemed to be the mother to all of them. She was my best friend.

I am so sorry for all of your losses. Sharing our grief with others who truly understand does help. My prayers are with all of you... Vicki

Vicki
Quote 0 0
gayle
Hi Vicki
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl Ravyn. She looks so sweet, I'm sure she was. My dog also originally was diagnosed with the same thing. Blood transfusions, medications, steroids, constant blood work. He was sick since late last winter. Turns out he probaly had more going on ( tumors or ulcers which caused internal bleeding). They wanted to do an endoscopy ( knock him out, put camera down his throat) to check out his insides. He was almost 14 and already been through so much. He was decline and just one day before the procedure " gave me the look like, no more mom" this was right after I actually saw a rainbow out my back door. I never put it together but, was it a sign? I think so! It's been over three weeks and I'm still having a hard time processing it all. I too have the guilt,. Should I have gone ahead with the procedure? Ulcers could have been treatable, ( maybe), but if it were tumors, they wouldn't have even woken him up. I didn't want to not be able to be there with him, to say goodbye.
There is nothing like the love of a dog. The loyalty, companionship, true understanding of each other, us humans can't even compare. I think there's a lesson there, still trying to figure it out. I'm learning a lot about his spirit being right here with me, and I have to hold onto that.
I wish you peace and healing, sending hugs your way, I understand your anguish
Gayle
gayle zigmund
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your  sweet precious Ravyn.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Bear is my first furbaby  and the soulpuppy of my life.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

Please come back and tell us about your life with Ravyn so we can get to know her better through you.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so sorry about dear Ravyn
She is so beautiful. Such a lovely beautiful girl.
She looks like Bear's sister.

Blessings to you, this grief is awful, but it's a measure of how deeply we loved them. I wish they could live longer with us. I really do.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
toleartist
Thank you all so very much for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am so sorry for your losses and honestly appreciate your expressions of sympathy and understanding. My mother is quite ill and over these last months, Ravyn had started sleeping at the foot of her bed. She was so perceptive and always gave love to others, both human and animal. I keep expecting to feel her head pushing on my arm to pet her while I'm typing.  Some days seem so much harder than others. Thinking of all of you today and sending hugs... Vicki 
Vicki
Quote 0 0