fredericks0518

R.I.P. to my 15-year-old orange tabby who was my first very own cat of my own, who has been through a lot with me, who has been with me to see my life change so much from being a young 20-year-old to a now 35-year-old with a wonderful family of my own, who has been with me through my own ups and downs of life.

To Bradley, who fought diabetes and won back in 2011. 

To Bradley, who touched all of our lives and was my 5-year-old's "best buddy."

To Bradley, who was the sweetest, most affectionate cat I ever had, who knew how to love unconditionally and never missed an opportunity to snuggle, who taught me many things and had a way to let me know everything will always be okay, no matter what.

To Bradley, who I watched sadly grow old, to the point where I could tell he was no longer enjoying life.  You stopped moving around, Brad, your eyes looked sad and sunken, you didn't seem to be happy, and it was so hard for you to look at me anymore.  I could not bare the thought of seeing you like that.

To Bradley, the one who I cannot stop crying over.  To the one who I miss so dearly already.  To the one I cannot stop thinking about and missing and looking at your pictures. 

To the one I know I will meet again soon.

Bradley, I had to do what was best for you.  I didn't want to see you suffer and I know you understand that.  I miss you terribly and even though I know you're not here, I still look for you.  You will be missed forever so and I look forward to the chance I get to see you again. 

I will meet you at the Rainbow Bridge...  I love you. 

R-I-P Brad 2/1998 to 5/4/2013
Quote 0 0
Hobbit
R.I.P Bradley.
Quote 0 0
mec
fredericks,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Bradley.  What a beautiful tribute you wrote to him.  What a beautiful boy.   It's true, they are with us through the ups and downs of our lives.  I hope your find peace and yet comfort with the memories of him and all the love you shared.

maryellen
mec
Quote 0 0
Meggie_Forever
R.I.P. Bradley. You sound like an amazing companion.
Quote 0 0
fredericks0518
Thank you all. 

I have been crying constantly since I put him down Saturday.  I keep having nightmares, not even about Bradley, but nightmares in general.  My stomach is sick.  Mornings are the worst when I always prepare the cats' food and clean their litter.  (I have two other cats, one is 10 and one is 7.)  I think of Bradley all of the time.  Not going to feed him does not feel right.  I look at his favorite spots that he used to lie in and I start to cry.  I feel guilty and wonder if there was anything more I could do for him.  Sometimes I feel like I can't move. 

I feel bad for his buddy Catrina, who has been with him since she was a kitten.  I have a ton of pictures where they are lying together.  They were always spooning.  She seems lost without him here and I think she is starting to realize he is not coming home.  The three cats were always together, like a little clan.  They weren't always facing each other or interacting with each other, but they were almost always somewhere in the same room together.  I miss seeing that and it feels so weird with only two.

I hope it gets easier because right now I can't imagine it getting easier.

Mandy
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby.
Bradley shall live forever in your heart x 

I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Author Unknown

Return to list of Healing and Inspirational Poetry

Trust Rating
Biz Rating
74%
petloss.com

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Bradley.
His playmates know what is happening and are missing him also.
They could probably use some extra attention and affection also.
Extra TLC is never a bad thing.
When we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them.
LOVE NEVER DIES.
We are all here for you -
We all care about you and we all understand.
When you are able please come back and tell us
about your life with Bradley and Catrina and their sibling.
When you are able you can post more pictures also.
Bradley is just beautiful.
You are all in my thoughts,
Susan(heartsick)
Quote 0 0
fredericks0518
Thank you all so much for your support. It makes it easier to know I am not alone through this.  I have been reading some of the other's posts and it makes me sad to read them, knowing exactly what they are feeling at this very moment. 

I am definitely giving Brad's sisters TLC, especially Catrina.  I feel terrible for them and it makes me sad to see them lose their big brother without getting to say goodbye.  They did greet him in the basement that morning when I went down to get him (he wanted to be in the basement), as if they knew something was not right.  So I feel they may have gotten to say goodbye to an extent, as I was not certain at that moment that I was going to put him down.  If I did, I would have made sure they stayed with him longer.  It was very sad.

I wanted to post a few pics of him, some very old when Catrina was just a baby, some newer of him with his sister Catrina, and then pics of all three of them, always together, Bradley, Catrina, and Chloe :-) (in post below)

We miss you so much, Bradley. We love you.  You will always be in our hearts and minds.  You were a special part of all of our lives.  
Quote 0 0
fredericks0518
Here are all three, always together:

Quote 0 0
fredericks0518
Bradley had a heart of gold. You could tell how much he loved his people and just always wanted to be around us all of the time. My husband reminded me of when we started dating back in 2003, and how Bradley wanted no parts of him in the beginning. Bradley is definitely not a cat that was afraid of anything, but he did not want to be near my husband until he warmed up to him about a month later. I think Brad was in a way protecting me, or jealous, one or the other :-) He then became my husband's best friend, as well as my son's. He loved to be on your lap when you were wearng a sweatshirt or a blanket :-) Catrina always was drawn to him and everyone always loved Brad. He was a big boy. We used to call him Big Mac, or Big Man on Campus.

He was always a little overweight. In 2011, he was diagnosed with diabetes. I started giving insulin per the vet's guidance and then found the website http://www.felinediabetes.com/ and me and Brad worked together, changed his diet, and shortly thereafter, he was diabetes-free. If it wasn't for that website directing me on how to help him with his diabetes to a point where it was transient, he would still have had diabetes and I would have had to continue giving insulin. I give many thanks to that website, who gave me a much healthier cat. He lived two years longer after that. I am so proud of him for that.

He started to decline pretty rapidly a few weeks ago when he seemed to start eating a lot less. I noticed this and took him to the vet's office.  From that point on, he showed all signs that his time was up.

This was the hardest thing I had to do.  I've had cats in the past always in my life (my mom's cats mostly), but Brad was my very first own that I went and got myself.  I have been carrying his picture with me everywhere since Saturday.  I notice mornings and nights are the worst so far.  I am okay in the afternoons, which is very odd to me.  I have been feeling a bit better and trying to focus on Catrina and Chloe to give them extra love, but it's still extremely hard.

Quote 0 0
heartsick
Bradley is beautiful and I Love all of the pictures you posted. You have a beautiful family. <br>I buried my Bear with a plastic baggie under his pillow with a lock of my hair and some pictures of the two of us. When I got back into the car to leave the cemetery I found a picture that must have fallen out of the bag on the passenger seat. I put it up on my sun visor and there has been ever since. <br>Sometimes I just look at him. <br>I am so glad that you had those 2 more years with Brad. <br>You can see the Love shining from all of their eyes. <br><br>We are all always here for you.<br><br>You are in my thoughts. <br><br>Susan
Quote 0 0
fredericks0518
Thank you, Susan.  That means a lot to me :-)  Your post made me cry, but in a good way.
Quote 0 0