Forum

Author   Comment  
darren_carole

Reply with quote  #1 
R.I.P Ben 14th April 2010----R.I.P Cassy 29th December 2009

We have just lost our eldest companion ben on the 14th of this month, we had to make that horrible decision again, only three and a half months after loosing cassy.

Both pets were boarder collie cross breeds, cassy was 10 when she left us, and ben 16, we have just got his ashes back today, that doesn't get any easier,it makes me wonder if the fact cassy was still around would he have lived longer, maybe the loss of her company and companionship eventually came to light

We lost cassy to a tumour in her kneck, it was restricting her breathing and eating ,even though she still wanted to play with her ball you just couldnt help feel she wouldnt last much longer, she was so resiliant.

Ben was 16 years, he was diagnosed with a tumour on the brain, I take solice in the fact that he lived to a good age and he knew he was loved, as did cassy,although she did not live as long, we got some good loyal,loving years from them both, and they were part of the family

what makes it so hard is the fact that both of them were still fully aware of there surroundings, and making the decision to have to put to sleep hurts more than you can describe

Cassy was much loved as was ben, they are now together

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Carol,

I'm so very sorry to hear about you two losses, so close together.  What heartache you must feel!

Your story hits so close to home for me.  We had to let our 16+ year-old Bengal Cat, T.J., go to the Rainbow Bridge on March 9th.  After ruling out everything else, it was clear that he had a brain tumor.  Such devastation!  His ability to navigate was totally stripped away from him by the last day, but he was still very aware of life around him, and he was still eating, drinking, using his litter box (with my assistance, since he couldn't stand), and he still had his big, loud, rumbling purr.  I didn't know how I was going to look into those gorgeous eyes for the last time, but I found the strength to assist him because I knew it was my final gift of love to him.  Bless you for giving that same gift to Ben and Cassy when their times came to make that journey.  You released them from a future of suffering, knowing your own suffering would just begin.  There is no greater gift than that.  Both of your Bridge Kids were so blessed to have found their way to your loving home.

Please come back and tell us more about Ben and Cassy when you're able to.  I look forward to getting to know them through the stories you will share here.

You, your family, and your beautiful angels, Ben and Cassy, are in m y thoughts and prayers.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.