phalaris14
Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now.

—Nina Guilbeau

[image]
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Couldn't agree more.  I am tired of both giving and receiving "trite" sentiments.  I try not to say trite things to people who are grieving, but words alone just all sound like "scripted responses".  Think there just are not words that really address these DEEP feelings.

I personally don't think that TIME heals everything.  It might DULL it to where it is possible to live, but there are wounds so deep that they never really heal and THIS loss that most of us here are feeling never really heals.  Especially hard when life for everyone around you just keeps on going.  MINE has stopped.

A HUG says more than any words can say, but here it is hard to give that.  I too am feeling like you do.  Trying to go on and do things that need to be done, but basically just existing.

Sending you the biggest HUG possible from this distance.
Capture.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I suppose we are just living in the moment really, the hurt seems to go on and on - nothing will ever be the same again. Even though I have finally accepted my dog has gone, its so sad to think that the 17 years we were lucky to  have him with us have been relegated to the past. I find myself counting the days since we were last together ( 60 days today).   I also think I can still hear him around the house, especially in the evening - and every now and then I can still smell him.

I don`t think there are any easy answers as how to deal with our losses - I only wish there were.       Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
DaniC
Nina-

Look into finding a support group in your area or a grief counselor. It helps to have someone in your real life to acknowledge the presence and depth of loss.

I myself have gotten relief from an anti-depressant. Also, you might consider a sleep aid if you are unable to get some good rest.

One huge thing that has helped me was adopting another dog. I really would be unhealthy mentally if it were not for the new furry support system in my life.

Please do let us know how you're doing. We care and will always listen.

DaniC
Quote 0 0
phalaris14

Nina GuilbeauNina Guilbeau > Quotes

Nina Guilbeau quotes (showing 1-10 of 10)

“Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now.” 
― Nina GuilbeauToo Many Sisters
[image]
Quote 0 0
phalaris14
DaniC wrote:
Nina- Look into finding a support group in your area or a grief counselor. It helps to have someone in your real life to acknowledge the presence and depth of loss. I myself have gotten relief from an anti-depressant. Also, you might consider a sleep aid if you are unable to get some good rest. One huge thing that has helped me was adopting another dog. I really would be unhealthy mentally if it were not for the new furry support system in my life. Please do let us know how you're doing. We care and will always listen. DaniC

Nina Guilbeau is a rather successful authoress. I really liked what she had to say. 
[image]
Quote 0 0