silvermini3
"To end our pet's suffering, we must choose to accept our own."

"The beloved pet must have its life terminated by the one person who loves it most. This is both an irony of fate and extreme act of love and this emotional strain is like nothing else..."
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
How True those words are....I am so sorry for your loss
Susan
Quote 0 0
CKMP
I am so so sorry for your loss silvermini3.
Truer words were never spoken that can evoke a feeling only one in that situation can know. . . 
Take care
Quote 0 0
Deedee2268
Sorry for your loss... I'm feeling very blue tonight. I remember before my Dad passed and we took him off life support - the dr. Told us we were doing an act of love. By taking the pain from him and passing it to yourself.

Your post made me think of what the dr. Said....

I'm sorry for your pain.... It hurts so much....
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
Thanks Deedee. I'm sorry about the decision that had to be made with regards to your father. I can't imagine the burden at the time. I had a friend that had to do the same with her child. Beyond comprehension to me. In the end, we will realize it was indeed a gift to them. But so hard on us until we get to that point. And we do eventually.
Quote 0 0
Hanposs
I still feel so guilty having to make the decision to end my girls life. I know it was the right thing to do but there is still a voice in my head going" how could you do that? How could you say yes to saying goodbye?" A guilt this heart will always hold I think. I'm so sorry for your loss xx life's unfair sometimes
Quote 0 0
lizzie_252
I don't think I can do it again, to choose euthanasia to end my beloved pet life.  I know it is an act of love but it had brought me immense guilt and sadness.  I know now I should have taken my little girl home and stayed with her until she took her final breath.  The memory of her final moments at the clinic, the way she looked at me with trust in her eyes trying to get closer to me and reaching with her bandaged little paw, and purring, purring because I was close to her, this picture is the hardest thing my mind and my heart have to deal with.  Any time I remember these  moments I cannot stop crying. I am not sure if she was suffering, all I know that I betrayed her trust when she was so happy to see me in these final moments.

Liz
Ziz mom, 2002-april 20, 2016
Quote 0 0