StephenD
I just saw this quote on Facebook...which accurately represents where I am right now...six days after losing my baby. I feel like I am trying to be okay for others...but inside I am far from it.

"Grief is like living two lives. One is where you pretend everything is alright, and the other is where your heart silently screams in pain".

Love you Winnie.  

Quote 0 0
Miss_my_pug
So true StephenD. That is me at work everyday. It's exhausting. I hope you find peace soon.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Stephen, the quote hits my heart and i feel exactly the same, yes i put on the happy face on the outside, yet my heart is truly hurting inside.....thanks for the quote and wishing you a peaceful day.

Cam

Quote 0 0
littleguy
so true , I feel exactly like that

littleguys mom
pamela meadows
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear StephenD,
Thank you for posting this quote. It is so true.
Sorry for your loss of Winnie!
Kind regards,
CK
Quote 0 0
sarab
Thank you Stephen for posting this.  It means so much to be in place where others (we) all 'get it' and understand the deep, devastating loss of our pets.  My heart grieves with yours and your loss of Winnie.
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
This quote is spot on!  Thanks for posting it - it gives me another perspective on my grief.  At almost 9 months since my Little kitty went to Rainbow Bridge, I now just keep my feelings of pain and grief inside myself. Most people just don't understand ...

Sorry for the loss of your Winnie.  I wish you peace and my thoughts and prayers go out to you ...

Hugs ...
Betty
Quote 0 0
snakenole
Perfect quote. I've been dealing with grief for quite some time now in one form or another and this is a perfect way to describe it. It's a very personal journey. Even your closest friends get tired of hearing about it after a while. 

Quote 0 0
bubblesforever
StephenD,

Thank you for posting this and my sincerest condolences on losing your sweet Winnie, I'm going on day 3 without my Bubbles and i'm barely hanging in there. On the outside I appear somewhat fine, but on the inside I am a complete and total mess. Everything seems to be moving around me, but I remain stagnant. I don't feel as if I "feel" anything, I feel like each day is passing by but I have no sense of time nor energy to even care about anything else. 

Sending you positive and hopeful vibes your way,
-G
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on the loss of your Winnie! From my experience, I would wholeheartedly agree with this quote. Thank you for posting and sharing.
All the best to you during this difficult time,
S.
Quote 0 0
MySweetSammie
Thank you for posting this. I couldn't agree more with this quote. I was just getting to the point where I could mostly play the part of being fine at work by not crying until everyone left, as I work a later shift then my coworkers. I could get myself up to get to work and cry during the commute, after hours, and on the way home. That double life has come crashing down now that my other furbaby is having issues and is on day 3 of hospitalization. The grief and pain for losing Sammie combined with my worry of losing Belle now so soon, has thrown me into a whirlwind of emotions again. Playing the part because life continues to move around you is exhausting and the burning anxiety in my chest feels like it could kill me.
Quote 0 0