Scully92

Here is my story.My 19 year old son got a puppy on April 1st of this year. She was a chichuwa/terrier mix. She was a very lovable puppy. She loved outside and slepping with you. Between me and him we did alot with her. . On July 22, she was 7 months old we got her spayed. When we brought her home she seemed fine except she couldn't keep her food down but she wanted to eat. So 3 days later she was still throwing up so we took her to her vet. He gave her fluids and nausea medicine. The next day she still wasnt doing great but the vet said just monitor and bring her in saturday if not better. She passed away saturday morning on the way to the vet. She died in my arms and I just feel like I let her down. I can't seem to get pass the grief although we had her for a very short time. I never had a dog around as loving as she was.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry to hear about your terrible loss! Such a young, sweet puppy. It sounds like something may have happened when she was spayed. You followed all of the vet's instructions so please don't feel like you let her down. Having her pass away in your arms on the way to the vet must have been simply awful! I think I might try and get a second opinion on what happened but in any case I know you must be mourning your sweet little friend and that is so, so difficult. I hope you are able to get some closure and I hope that you can take comfort knowing that, even though her time was short, you (and your son) gave her a wonderful life filled with love. ❤️
Sending hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
Scully92
Thank you so much for your kind words. I never thought losing a pet would hurt so much. I think what makes it worse thinking maybe if we wouldn't have gottten her spayed she would still be with us today. We have a 4 year old golden retriever, who for the last few days, has stayed by my side. I know in time it will get better but I guess right now I just take it one day at a time. And again thank for your compassion.
Quote 0 0
William
Scully92
I am so sorry for your loss. You must be devastated. Although these procedures are done so often and we expect no problems. Every surgery comes with risks. Mayb your puppy had an underlying medical issue?
I do feel your vet should have asked to see her right away.
But you followed instructions that you were given. You know we are all encouraged to have our pets spayed or neutered. We do it because it's encouraged of us.

You did nothing wrong. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm sure in the short time you had that puppy you gave all the love you could.

🐾💕🌈
Kim
Quote 0 0
Scully92
It's been a week today and although we only had our gypsy girl 3 months, I feel like apart of me can't quit grieving. I feel silly on how much I have cried for this little puppy. From day one she stole our hearts especially mine. I feel like I'm letting our 4 year old golden retriever down. I'm constantly thinking is he alright. Reading everyone's posts help and I'm thankful I found this forum. I feel like my husband doesn't understand the grief I'm feeling. I hope this is normal and soon I can look at her picture or talk about her without crying.
Quote 0 0