PeanutsMom
I am sitting here trembling with anger and feeling like I have been punched in the heart.  A few minutes ago I received a telephone call from my Vet's office informing me that my sweet baby Peanut's remains are at their office waiting to be picked up.  The company I had made arrangements with to have her cremated, Compassionate Pet Cremation, took her ashes back to the Vet's office.  My arrangement with them was that I would receive a telephone call when her ashes were ready to be picked up. What kind of people are they that they would think I would be able or willing to go back to the place where she passed?  How cold and utterly without compassion can they be? It seems like just moments ago I was holding my Peanut as she breathed her last breath and lay still in my arms.  I feel as though a scab that was just beginning to take form has been ripped off my heart and it is all new and raw again.  The pain, guilt and doubt are new again.  The wondering if my sweet Peanut girl understood that what I was doing was what I thought was best for her.  Wondering if she understood it was because I loved her so very much and not because she was sick or that I didn't want her anymore.   My tears will not stop as I keep reliving it
Denise 

My sweet Peanut, you are the sunshine of my life and I will love you forever
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
There are no words I can say to comfort you.  I cry at your post, for all you are going through.  Your baby loves you unconditionally and is free and happy now.  I understand your pain, there is nothing like it.  The people who work at those places obviously don't understand.  Hugs

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
PeanutsMom
Thank you for your words of support.  I truly appreciate your understanding as I know you are grieving for your fur baby as well.  It is said that it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, but whoever said that didn't mention the pain.  The overwhelming, all encompassing pain.  Maybe the pain is because we loved our fur babies so completely and received unconditional love in return.  I don't know, but I do know my life was better for having my little Peanut girl in it.  I believe this to be true for all of us who are grieving.  I also believe we would not have done it differently.  We would not have turned away and not let them into our hearts.  I know that in time the pain will diminish, but the love I have for my Peanut will never fade.  Just as the love we all have for our lost fur babies will be with us for our lifetimes.
Denise 

My sweet Peanut, you are the sunshine of my life and I will love you forever
Quote 0 0