lvl619
Sookie has been ill for 2 months now. The amazing vet I got a finally went to for a second opinion is almost positive she has pug dog encephalitis and may only live a couple more months. This is a terrible disease with no cure. Sookie is only 18 months old. I got her a few months after my previous dog died. She made me so happy. I love this dog so much. I have been crying and crying and begging her not to leave me, though I know she cannot help it. I thought we would have many more years together. I am in so much pain knowing she will be leaving me. I don't know what to do except spend all my time with her, holding her, admiring her velvety ears and curly tail and big eyes. Why is this happening to me again? Unexpectedly. No cure. My innocent sweet little friend doesn't deserve this.
Quote 0 0
DonnaM
So very sorry to hear about your Sookie.  This forum is filled with wonderful and compassionate people who are going through similar pain, and are here for you as you go through this awful situation.  You are not alone.  Sookie loves you very much and I'll bet has great heart, and can help too.  As hard as it is knowing their fate, our critters can be a source of great strength as they have such beautiful and mysterious ways.

Take care and write when you need.
DonnaM
Ernie in the Sky, With Diamonds

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Oh no. My heart aches for you, as I read your post. You must be reeling from the news--what a heartbreak!

I hope being here will help you feel less alone in this tough journey. Wishing you comfort, peace.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
DonnaM
... I should say also, there's a lot of good, caring resources on this website and elsewhere that can help you.  When you feel up to it, you may want to check some of them out.  I have found solace in several of them -- all parts that make a whole for me. 
DonnaM
Ernie in the Sky, With Diamonds

Quote 0 0