EM
Hi Everyone. It's been a very difficult couple of months for me since my very elderly yet beloved dear Labrador passed from prostate complications, suspected cancer. Every day it just keeps getting worse for me, for many reasons. Guilt is obviously the worst of it, knowing how ill he was for weeks and even months, yet not being aware of the cause for his ailment until the day he passed. So if anyone here has suffered through the hideous complications of prostate cancer and you'd like to lend some support or come for some support then please do so right here. Thank You.
Quote 0 0
fitchick1961
I've found that on this site, there's more response and support for people once they've lost their pets, as opposed to when they're in the middle of a health crisis. This is not a criticism just an observation.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi EM,
My dog died from cancer. He suddenly stopped eating and it was whirlwind of trips to the vet and Emergency Room. When they finally ran a CBC and his wbc count was the highest the vet had seen (and antibiotics didn't touch it) we knew it was cancer. Bailey was almost 16 (the absolute light of our lives) and they suggested an ultrasound to look for tumors. Bailey was a rescue and had been beaten and abused. I'd always promised myself we would never let him suffer so we had to let him go. It was the most painful thing I have ever been through. So I'm honestly not sure what kind of cancer he had (I guess I'll never know) but I really just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss! I think my boy was sick for a while and I didn't see the signs - I just assumed he was getting old and slowing down. I'm sure it was the same for you. You obviously loved your boy very much but sometime we just don't know. Please don't blame yourself. I know that guilt is such a part of grieving but it sounds like you gave him a wonderful life filled with love and that is so much more then so many animals ever get so hopefully in time you will be able to look back on the good memories you have of him. I know your boy is grateful for you and will be able to tell you that someday. Meanwhile please be kind to yourself. It is such a trauma to lose a beloved family member (and that is what they were to us)
My heartfelt condolences,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My condolences to all. It is never easy losing a beloved pet and cancer is such a terrible disease!!
S.
Quote 0 0