Kaddagh
I got Sasha as a kitten when I was 10 years old as I got older n left home she became my parents cat sadly then when both my parents passed away my brother's cudnt keep her and had wanted her put to sleep that was around a year ago I cudnt let her go so she came to live with me and she loved her new indoors lifestyle but lately she's been slowing down x

We went to vets today and it wasn't great news
She may be in the early stages of renial failure and her teeth are playing up but she's too old for an operation as it may only progress the renial failure quicker after a long talk with vet we decided to try her on a course of antibiotics now but if no improvement the kindest thing to do would be to say goodbye before we have the choice ripped away x

she's had a great life but making this decision for Sasha only 10 days after saying goodbye to Kaddagh is causing me guilt with Kaddagh if felt like it wasn't his time but with Sasha I feel it would be kinder to let her go now rather than her ever having to suffer x I had hoped she would slip away naturally in her sleep while still happy but sadly it does not seem to be the case x

This is pictures I took of my sweet lil old lady today xx I hope the antibiotics buy us some more time together for more cuddles by the fire xx
Quote 0 0
William
She is beautiful. I'm sorry she is so sick. My dog has some pretty bad dental disease. I hope the antibiotics help because im sure it's painful for her.
The renal failure is a whole other issue.
You love your baby and you know what's best.
If you feel it's time to let her go before things get worse it's ok to do that. I believe it's a way to let your pet die with dignity. You don't want to witness and further decline from the kidney disease. I understand.i let my dog go before his life became worse. Before it was more medications and things I may have had to see him experience. I didn't want him to suffer. I wanted him in peace.i wanted to say goodbye before an emergent situation occurred.
I hope your vet will guide you.

I wish you the extra time you need to think about your decision and snuggle with your baby.
Kim
Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
It's hard to watch our cats get old. My Allison is 16, and she just had surgery to remove two teeth, her second dental surgery in last two years. She takes antibiotics every day to keep a respitory issue in check, and I worry that someday it won't work well enough to keep her well. She hasn't really slowed down, but after Dobie's sudden passing, I believe every moment we have with them is the most important moment ever. You will know what is right for Sasha.
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
I am so, so sorry about Sasha. I am praying that the medicines help her feel better. I am worried about you... I know how much you are grieving for Kaddagh, and this additional stress and pain must be weighing on you so heavily. You have been a tremendous support to me, and I want to be the same for you. Give the meds a chance to work... and please let us know how she -- and YOU -- are doing!
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
William wrote:
She is beautiful. I'm sorry she is so sick. My dog has some pretty bad dental disease. I hope the antibiotics help because im sure it's painful for her.
The renal failure is a whole other issue.
You love your baby and you know what's best.
If you feel it's time to let her go before things get worse it's ok to do that. I believe it's a way to let your pet die with dignity. You don't want to witness and further decline from the kidney disease. I understand.i let my dog go before his life became worse. Before it was more medications and things I may have had to see him experience. I didn't want him to suffer. I wanted him in peace.i wanted to say goodbye before an emergent situation occurred.
I hope your vet will guide you.

I wish you the extra time you need to think about your decision and snuggle with your baby.

Thank you for your reply 💗
I lost my sweet boy Kaddagh 2 wks ago tomorrow to a horrible mouth Disease called stomatitis he was suffering as tablets stopped working ect I will not let Sasha suffer when she's had a great life preparing for her to go will give me time to get ready to say goodbye :) I wish it didn't have to be goodbye though but I think given the option she would choose to go too before the pain gets worse 💔
Quote 0 0
michelle54
My Oliver died from renal failure. I had to make that decision to let him go as I knew he was suffering. Hardest thing I ever did in my life. It's been over a year and I still cry over him as he was my baby. As hard as it was to let him go,I don't regret it. He let me know he was ready and I let him go hearing I love you over and over till he passed.
I have heard him meowing to me and walking on my bed at night afew months after he passed. Know that your baby is sent to heaven with all your love
Quote 1 0
HayleylLovesBruno
She is beautiful. You are making the right choice 100%. I had the love of my life put to sleep yesterday and it was so painful but the right time. I didn't want him to die a slow painful death x
Quote 1 0
Kaddagh
michelle54 wrote:
My Oliver died from renal failure. I had to make that decision to let him go as I knew he was suffering. Hardest thing I ever did in my life. It's been over a year and I still cry over him as he was my baby. As hard as it was to let him go,I don't regret it. He let me know he was ready and I let him go hearing I love you over and over till he passed.
I have heard him meowing to me and walking on my bed at night afew months after he passed. Know that your baby is sent to heaven with all your love

So sorry you had to say goodbye to your little Oliver x I see the change in Sasha now she's slowing down and doesn't seem as happy as she once was I hope too one day IL have signs from beyond the bridge to ease the heart break of choosing to let them go x
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
HayleylLovesBruno wrote:
She is beautiful. You are making the right choice 100%. I had the love of my life put to sleep yesterday and it was so painful but the right time. I didn't want him to die a slow painful death x

Thank you for your reply x
I'm sorry for your loss 😞 I know with Sasha it's the right time a few weeks of spoiling now will prepare us for saying goodbye to each other x I want to let her go before there's no other option x
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
Chandlers_Dad wrote:
I am so, so sorry about Sasha. I am praying that the medicines help her feel better. I am worried about you... I know how much you are grieving for Kaddagh, and this additional stress and pain must be weighing on you so heavily. You have been a tremendous support to me, and I want to be the same for you. Give the meds a chance to work... and please let us know how she -- and YOU -- are doing!

Thanks sadly the tablets seem to be upsetting Sasha's tummy I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and see if there are other options or should I just give her a good spoiling in the coming weeks and prepare to say goodbye x thers is definite change in how she is lately and I won't see her get to the point of suffering in a way losing both my precious baby's so close together feels surreal as i feel my heart is broken already and now it will need to mourn both but with the love of my other furbabys I will get through this x having the support of kindred spirits on here is also helping me so thank you I hope you and your two girls are doing ok too sending you all pawsitive vibes from Ireland x
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
Eileennellie wrote:
It's hard to watch our cats get old. My Allison is 16, and she just had surgery to remove two teeth, her second dental surgery in last two years. She takes antibiotics every day to keep a respitory issue in check, and I worry that someday it won't work well enough to keep her well. She hasn't really slowed down, but after Dobie's sudden passing, I believe every moment we have with them is the most important moment ever. You will know what is right for Sasha.

Thank you x
It's so hard to contemplate losing any of our other baby's when the pain is so fresh I pray you have more happy years with your Allison yet x I do believe letting Sasha go before it becomes necessary will be better for her I cannot watch her suffer like kaddagh did in the end Sasha is still able to enjoy her tasty treats and cuddles so that's what I plan to do spoil her extra hard so she knows I made the decision with nothing but love for her in mind x
Quote 0 0
Tim1982
I know that feeling. On July 5, 2015 my precious cat keeco passed away shortly before midnight due to illness. Losing a pet is never easy. 
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
Tim1982 wrote:
I know that feeling. On July 5, 2015 my precious cat keeco passed away shortly before midnight due to illness. Losing a pet is never easy. 

I'm sorry for the loss of Keeco 😞
It's heart breaking having to say goodbye 💔
Quote 0 0
dukey8101
Hi Tim, So glad you made it to the Forum. Why don't you post a picture of Keeco on the Forum. I would love to see what a handsome boy he was..Don has not posted his wednesday stories of Bella yet. I'm sure they will be very interesting. What a beautiful day it is today. Talk to you soon. have a great day...Tina and Dukey 
Quote 0 0