Morganncr18

I’m at a loss.

We have a 13 year old pug,Gunner, who has been wheelchair bound for the last 9 months. His back and hind legs gave out completely almost a year ago. 

He’s incontinent and has been for around 3 years, the last year losing all control. So, we have him in washable diapers with maxi pad inserts that we change throughout the day. 
Gunner also has a hard time seeing and hearing. 

Even with all these complications, we find ourselves ready to cancel the vet appointment Sunday and continue this crazy care for him. We are lucky enough to have found a vet that will come to our home and put him to sleep so he’s in the comfort of his own home. 

We have two small children and find ourselves missing out on activities with them because we have to make sure we are home to care for Gunner ever couple of hours. Finding someone to take on the task of caring for him if we have to be gone for the day has become nearly impossible. 

While Gunner has all these issues .. he still gets excited and eats just fine. I know in my heart it’s his time to go.. I can’t imagine seeing him any worse than what he is now. 

Because he is in the wheelchair pretty much all day, he gets sores from the straps, when he’s out of the wheelchair he will poop and drag himself through it at least once a day. 

We love him but we know he has to be tired and quite honestly we are tired too. I have to remind myself that he isn’t able to live a normal dog life anymore. He doesn’t get to enjoy walks, lake visits or even laying on the couch. 

In the back of my mind I know we’ve done everything we can for him. 

Has anyone been in a situation similar to this?  C8E07EAC-B0DA-40AA-B2D9-58FC84DC1DAD.jpeg 

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for what you, your family and Gunner are going through right now. I know how hard it is to make that horrible decision and then watch the clock click tick down until that final minute. And I know how painful it is to wonder if the appointment should be canceled, knowing it would just be putting off the inevitable.

I know that you will ensure that Gunner has the best weekend he can by giving him love and treats and anything that he wants.

You have done so much for him and taken absolutely the best care of him that is possible.

Gosh, he is so adorable.

You are in my thoughts,
Jan
Quote 1 0
Morganncr18

Jan_H wrote:
I am very sorry for what you, your family and Gunner are going through right now. I know how hard it is to make that horrible decision and then watch the clock click tick down until that final minute. And I know how painful it is to wonder if the appointment should be canceled, knowing it would just be putting off the inevitable.

I know that you will ensure that Gunner has the best weekend he can by giving him love and treats and anything that he wants.

You have done so much for him and taken absolutely the best care of him that is possible.

Gosh, he is so adorable.

You are in my thoughts,
Jan

Thank you so much. It’s been a very sad day in our house preparing for tomorrow. I don’t think I’ve had a dry eye al day. 

He will be so missed 💔

Quote 1 0
bluegreen_eyes
 I know how you feeling right now. Just think of the joy he brought into your life and to the entire family.
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 0 0