Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been a volunteer here for almost 6 years, since losing my little kitty, Buddy Guy, at the beginning of April of 2004.  I address this to my long time forum family, and to those of you who have recently joined us in this healing community.  For those of you who are new here, T.J. is the kitty who is pictured in my avatar.

I have sent the following message out to several forum friends already, but I want to be sure to share it here.  We need all the prayers and loving energy we can get now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I write to you with the heaviest of hearts.

T.J. is not doing well, and I don't think he'll be with us more than a week, if that long. I'm trying to prepare myself the best I can, but we all know that's a losing battle.

Teege has had a couple of episodes that we suspect were strokes, and he's just so frail and weak now that I can't try to expect him to go on much longer for my sake. He doesn't appear to be in pain or suffering physically, but he is confused and befuddled by his wobbliness and his inability to walk a straight line. He is still interested in eating and cuddling, and he still has his purr. For those things, I am deeply grateful.

The hardest thing for me is that I have had to be away from him for the past 10 nights, except for last Tuesday when I stayed with him after his second episode. Many of you are already aware of this. I had a house and pet sitting commitment that I had to keep, since the people had kindly fronted us the payment so we could cover T.J.'s vet bills. I miss him so much, and I look forward to going home tonight to be with him for the duration of his time with us. He will spend as much time as possible by my side, sleeping, cuddling, and eating wherever (and whatever) he wants to.

Tomorrow I will begin work on a paw print project that I have been planning. I want to get his prints while he is still with us, and I want it to be a project he and I can make together. This is my final labor of love for my magnificent kitty, my kitty savior who brought kitty love back to my life over 16 years ago when my heart was broken.

If T.J. is unable to leave of his own free will, I will have to make that most painful decision to assist him to his new life at the Rainbow Bridge. I've been spared that decision in the past, and I fear my time is coming to have to face it for the first time.

Will you please say a prayer for us, for T.J. to be comfortable and free from suffering, and for me to find the strength to release him to his next adventure, and the strength to recover from this most devastating time? We would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

xoxoxo

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
TomT

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh Susie,  I am truly sorry to hear this news.  My most fervent prayers are with you and TJ.   I appreciate your on going friendship,  Blessings to you and yours.

Tom T

Reply with quote  #3 
Susie,

My heart is heavy hearing the news that your precious T.J. is struggling.  I pray that you will have many special moments with your precious boy in the next week.

I'm hoping that your T.J. remains stable and in no pain for as long as possible. I'm sending loving thoughts and strength to you, your husband, your family and your precious T.J. 

I know in my heart that you will find the strength to release T.J. to his next adventure if that is what needs to happen.  We love them to much to allow them to suffer.

Always your friend,

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella

Sheri_H

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Susie,
I am so sorry to hear TJ is not doing well. Reminds me of Rico in his last days. If it does happen that the vet has to help him to Rainbows Bridge, may I suggest to look away when the anesthetic is given? I wish I had with Rico. His vet didn't hurt him, its just a visual I have to fight every now & then. Thankfully I've seen Rico since in a dream a couple weeks ago & so I'm able to combat certain images of him in his last days..
Anyway, I will keep you all in my prayers as well. Hugs to you & your beautiful TJ,
Sheri

Also, more pics of Rico can be found on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1291163525&aid=2023119#!/photos.php?id=1291163525
winstonsmom

Reply with quote  #5 
Dearest Susie:  I am so sorry to hear about precious TJ. I know how devastating this is for you.  It's losing a child isn't it. It's just so hard.  There is nothing worse.  You are in my thoughts and prayers and boy is he going to be greeted by all our beautiful angels and of course all of yours.  I pray that he goes to the bridge peacefully on his own and that you will not have to make that difficult decision.  (((((Big Hugs)))), Susie.

Hugs and love,
Denise

Attached Images
jpeg WINSTON-ANGEL.jpg (27.00 KB, 2 views)

gkacich

Reply with quote  #6 

Sending prayers your way.

nalasmom

Reply with quote  #7 

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and TJ. 

Tricia

Reply with quote  #8 
Dearest Susie,

Oh how my heart aches and breaks for you and Jim. You know that my heartfelt prayers are with you, Jim and your beloved T.J. Susie, you are a wonderful , kind and loving fur Mom and T.J. knows this. When it's his time to make the journey to the Bridge, he will go in peace knowing how very much he is loved. He will be greeted by your Angel babies and you know that my Burton will be right there to watch over T.J. and take care of him.

I'm here for you Susie as you have always been here for me and all of us, always offering your love, comfort and support.

((((((((((((((((Susie, Jim & TJ))))))))))))))))))))))

Love and prayers,

Tricia

Attached Images
jpeg BurtonandOzzie2.jpg (179.16 KB, 2 views)
jpeg Ozziie_n_Burton.jpg (319.26 KB, 2 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

leap

Reply with quote  #9 
To Susie and the ever so strong TJ.

I just joined the forum last night after having lost Sushi, (My moms dog and so he was my loving yorkie brother).  He was so young but so strong like TJ. 

Although i'm still crying and heartbroken, Im sending positive energy your way as theres always still hope. 

May you love and cherish every moment you have with him. 

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you to all of you for your kind replies.  We all know how much healing takes place here, and I am so grateful to know I will be able to lean on my forum family during this difficult time.  You are all earth angels, each and every one of you.

To those of you who are so new here, I especially want to thank you for thinking of T.J. and me when your own hearts are so badly bruised and so recently broken.  I know that isn't easy, and that it took a lot of strength to reply to my post. 

It's so good to be back home.  I have been cuddling and coddling T.J. since I got home last night, and I can tell he's thrilled to have me back home where I belong.   We will go to visit my niece who is also T.J.'s vet tomorrow.  We'll see if there's anything that we can do to improve his neurological symptoms, or to make him more comfortable with the way things are for him.  As of today, he is still eating, drinking, cuddling, purring (softly, but it's a happy purr) ~ and he even made some biscuits (kneaded) for me when I held his hand!  Hooray for my big, brave boy!

I'll keep everyone posted on his condition as time goes on.

Again, thank you all for your kindness.  It means the world to me.

xoxoxo

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
Princess

Reply with quote  #11 
Oh SUsie I have cried alot of tears today for you knowing what you are facing. I remember coming here in 2005 when my Princess went to the bridge you were always there for me and I hope I can repay your kindness and love.  Sadly we have to face this part of loving our furchildren, we would rather not but it is apart of that circle.  Just as the circle will be almost complete when TJ walks thru those gates at the bridge and is greeted by all our babies who are waiting to show him his new and most beautiful life.  TJ will go on with his new and healthy life there always watching over you, and when it is your time to  meet your babies at the bridge then your circle will be complete the cords that bind you will forever be one. 
And if by some beautiful chance TJ is granted more time here, which is what I pray for I know you will cherish him as you do now.  Know you are not alone Susie we are here for you just as you have been here for so many of us thru the years.
Hugs
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
chevyandkaren

Reply with quote  #12 
Dear Susie,  My Prayer's are on the way for TJ and his family...  Please keep updating....
Prayer's..
Maria

Reply with quote  #13 
Holding you, Jim and T.J. in my prayers and close to my heart. I'm here for you as you were for me when I first came to the forum almost 5 years ago. I wouldn't have made it without your love & support and I pray I can somehow help you too, Susie.
Rainbow hugs always.

LadysMom

Reply with quote  #14 

Oh! (((((Susie))))))

I am so sorry....of course prayers for T.J and your family...I am here as is the forum family for you...you were so kind and wonderful when Lady went to the bridge...Let me do the same for you now and when the time comes for TJ to cross over the bridge which I pray won't be just yet...Lady is sending furhugs and kisses to TJ, you and Jim... 

Keep him close as I know you will and treasure these moments...

I know your heartache having watch that last week with Lady...

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend..

Love,
Mary Beth(LadysMom)

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #15 
I'm sending a big thank you to each and every one of you who took the time to respond to this thread, and to those of you who read it and kept us in your thoughts.  Here is a message that I just posted in a separate thread:

I am walking on Cloud 9, and I just can hardly believe what's happening. I have some very good (but guarded) news.

We had an amazing visit with Dr. Gwennie (my niece, our kitties' vet) today. She did a complete neurological exam, and T.J. passed it with flying colors. She tested his blood levels and they are pretty much ideal, except for one that is slightly elevated. She took his blood pressure, and it was a calm and steady 122/80 all three times she took it (they always test three times with animals to be sure the reading is accurate). She said to me, "I was expecting to see a cat who was at death's door, but he's nowhere close. He's very strong and remarkably healthy, especially for an old dude."

So, there's no telling what is causing these seizures or whatever they are. It's unlikely they were strokes, given his blood pressure, but it's still possible that they might have been. There is a chance that he might continue to regain more of his balance, but there's an equal chance that he is just going to live his life like a little drunken sailor. The important thing is that he IS going to live his life! We are just amazed.

Our one fear is that one of the few things that it could be is brain disease. We are not in a position to be able to afford the tests that would reveal the answer, but then as long as he's not suffering, I don't know that it would do us much good to know the answer to that. So far, he is not suffering and he's enjoying life's little pleasures, so the best we can do is to keep him comfortable and happy for as long as he wants to be here with us.

Sadly, after we came home from our big adventure, he climbed up onto the bed and fell off. I picked him up and set him on the bed where he promptly went to the other side and fell off before I could get to him. Poor guy! I finally convinced him to lie down, so he's taking a nap now.

I made a beautiful memorial (or so I thought) wall hanging of T.J.'s paw prints yesterday using a polymer clay that air dries. I can't wait to paint it and finish it so my boy can see his pretty craft project! ;-) I'm so glad I did this now, while he's with us. It will provide so much more comfort when the time comes than paw prints made after the fact ever could.

Thank you so much for the prayers and kindness you have sent our way. It means the world to us. Every day is a blessing.

I'm going to go lie down with my kitty now and see if I can get some decent sleep for the first time in a couple of weeks. ;-)

xoxoxo

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.