Forum

Author   Comment  
buddy44

Reply with quote  #1 
Please pray for my cat Salem, he has skin cancer and has just had his second surgery in 2 years to remove lesions.  He seems to be doing well but very itchy on his neck area where the lesions were and now he needs to wear a collar for a couple more days.  Prayers and appreciated.  Thank you.
Goobiesbf

Reply with quote  #2 

Buddy44 - How is Salem doing? 

buddy44

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for asking about Salem.  He is actually scheduled to have radiation therapy soon.  I'm really undecided whether this is the best thing for him or not, he's already had two surgeries and I don't want to put him through too much but I'm thinking maybe this will make him more comfortable.  He still seems to lick and itch too much.  I just don't know what to do, I'm really heartbroken.
Dixie

Reply with quote  #4 

Dear Buddy44, Of course I will pray for Salem and you.  I want to thank you for you sweet comforting and encouraging words that you shared with me. Dixie

Goobiesbf

Reply with quote  #5 
I hope Salem is doing better.  How old is he?  The licking, etc. is what cats do no matter how many times you tell them they shouldn't be doing it.  You know how fastidious they can be about keeping their fur neat, clean and in place. 

Have you talked to your vet about Salem's particular kind of cancer?  Usually your vet can give you a better idea about how often you can expect it to come back and about how successful the treatments are going to be.  They can also help you with any questions you have about how painful, etc. the cancer, the surgeries and the radiation therapy are for Salem.

I'll keep both you and him in my prayers.  Having just lost my Goobie to an untreatable cancer, I understand the worry and dread.  It's a really tough time for both of you. 
buddy44

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for asking about Salem, he had radiation treatment in 4 places yesterday.  He seems to be okay with it and not real stressed at all.  He is about 15 years old, the kind of cancer is multifocal squamous cell carcinoma (Bowen's-like disease).  They tell me its not painful but may be bothersome at times, there are no side effects to the radiation and they have a good results in keeping the cancer away.  I'm just praying that I'm doing the right thing by him - he does eat well, likes to be brushed and purrs and sits on my lap, like he always did.  Thanks for your prayers.
niki

Reply with quote  #7 
Prayers for Salem

thinking of you
Niki
buddy44

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Niki,

Thanks for your prayers for Salem and for thinking of us.  He is doing okay for now and seems comfortable and happy.

Thanks again,
Susan

WuvMyK9

Reply with quote  #9 

Parys to St. Francis for Salem.   I ask the Same for Seger. He is in remission now for one month. Our Cocker has lymphoma and just finished the Madison WI protocol.  He will be 3  on 8/13/10. I believe that St. Francis listens to all us.  He has so far for us.  I'm hoping for more time though.  He's happy, that's all that I really ask

buddy44

Reply with quote  #10 
Hello, thanks so much for your prayers for Salem.  He seems to be doing okay, after 2 surgeries and radiation I'm really just trying to keep him comfortable.  He seems content enough - he's a real sweetie.  I will pray that your Seger stays in remission - that's great news. I hope he has a great birthday. 

Susan & Salem
tikibarb

Reply with quote  #11 
I wish your babies health and happiness.  I have not personally experienced this kind of situation but can only imagine that it is devastating.  I will say a prayer for all the suffering furbabies tonight.
judylinn

Reply with quote  #12 

Prayers for Salem and Seger. Cancer is so hard to go through with your beloved babies. My prayers are with you. Judy

ykfdf

Reply with quote  #13 
You know how fastidious they can be about keeping their fur neat, clean and in place.

--------------------------------------------------------
WoW gold|Diablo 3 Gold|Guild Wars 2 gold
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.