Forum

Author   Comment  
librarygirl

Reply with quote  #1 

After dealing the loss of our dog for about a month, my boyfriend and adopted a tabby cat from our local humane society. She is the first cat that either of us have owned. We've had her about 3 days and we already love her!

We found out today she has a URI and they gave her an antibiotic shot and eye drops, but my main concern is her post surgery recovery from being fixed.

They said that her stitches we're starting to open so they gave her more antibiotics and said it just needed to heal on it's own. 

Is this the right thing to do, or should I get a second opinion?
judylinn

Reply with quote  #2 

id get a 2nd opinion

judylinn

Reply with quote  #3 
just so you know that you have done all you can for her. congrats on the new furbaby
jen2010

Reply with quote  #4 

l agree a second opinion if the stitches are starting to open the antibotics are so important but  they may need to be restitched so the wound doesnt open up

Reply with quote  #5 
Second opinions never hurt, but I think she will be okay! I've been the mama to several rescue kitties and you never know how they will react/recover after surgery. My cat is bad about pulling her stitches out! She pulled two out a few days after her surgery, and still recovered okay!
Restitching a wound would probably be more hurtful than helpful, not to mention painful! For instance, if she pulled the stitches out herself kitties have VERY dirty mouths, unlike dogs, and it can trap harmful bacteria. Have you ever known anyone to be bitten by a cat? Docs are very hesitant to give stitches and will let the wounds heal on their own (with antibiotics) if possible to prevent a nasty infection. As long as she isn't bleeding/oozing, she will be okay!

Congrats on the adoption, and I am very sorry about your dog. I know it's hard to "keep going" after losing one.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.