Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 12      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #31 
Exactly lucky lou am honestly so sorry I couldnt believe your story absolutely shocking , that's the problem in this world with to many people they look at animals like theyr nothing, theyr the most loyal loving species on this earth, I realy hope you get some where with this to stop this happing again , something in popcorns name . Was that him in the photo on pets weev loved and lost hes absolutely beautiful x you should never have had to go through this again thinking of yous ❤❤ x
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #32 
Gizmomybaby,

Thank you. Yes that is a photo of Popcorn. It is sad that some people think that our animals mean nothing, but what's worse is that these people are suppose to care about our pets. They seem to care more about the people who work as veterinarians. Not everyone is who they seem to be. We learned that the hard way with the loss of our sweet boy.
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #33 
Hes absolutely beautiful I just saw his wee face and though that must be popcorn , exactly lucky Lou I think it comes down to money with these people, theyr heartless & disgusting. Whare are our fur baby's rights they are our family, its like oh its just an animals life that's lost no its bloody murder to me . Sory I get so angry I just love all animals so much & wee just have to read on here how much wee all love them and they are a big part of our lifes , I realy hope something comes out of this somewhere keep on fighting for your popcorn in his name . I feel so sad for yous plz take care of yourself sending love and hugs Annemarie 🐶 xx
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #34 
Thanks again Annemarie. I feel the same as you. It makes me very angry when something like this protects the wrong things. I'm going to keep trying to get our story out there. It's going to take a lot more people then just me to change this. It's my hope that what happened to Popcorn will upset people enough to contact their legislators. This should be a nationwide law. No veterinarian should be allowed to euthanize an animal without permission from both of the owners. If this vet had only contacted me then Popcorn would still be alive today.
William

Reply with quote  #35 
Popcorn’s mom

The vet issue is so important to people, so as I’ve said before, pointing this out to all of us is an important aspect regarding who we leave our pets with.

Out of respect for Ginny and her words to us, let’s move forward. None of us want to lose this special place where we can continue to document our stories.

Kim

Reply with quote  #36 
Hi Popcorn's Mom,

I'm sorry for your loss of Popcorn and the terrible circumstances under which this happened. I understand you are angry. You trusted your daughter's Dad, and who could've imagined such a tragic thing happening. The pain you feel along with anger and frustration, I'm just so very sorry.

I commend you for trying to make people aware of what happened to your dear Popcorn. For trying to find meaning and also honor Popcorn. It is extraordinarily sad that our dear furry friends are seen simply as property under the law. How can it be that taking our companions to the vet is not seen differently under the law than taking a TV in for repairs... Thank you for writing the article.

Have you looked into contacting any animal rights or welfare groups?

Please keep us updated. Just as CKMP said, you are not alone.
Sincerely,
Peanut's Mom

LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #37 
Thank you Peanut's Mom. I haven't had time to do that yet, because I have been trying to get anyone here locally to pick up Popcorn's story. I will work on that soon, because I know that it would help. Thanks again for your message.
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #38 
I will speak to my vet lucky Lou & see what she would suggest because am in Scotland thank you for high lighting this am sure this will help people x you take care and keep up the good work xx love & best wishes Annemarie x
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks again Annemarie.
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #40 
And thank you for sharing popcorns story ❤
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #41 
Our first ________ without Popcorn. Every time something happens, like last night, our first thunderstorm without Popcorn. He hated thunderstorms. I would always have to say to him that you’re okay, don’t be scared, I’m here. For the rest of my life I will be saying this, and crying because Popcorn was taken away from us. Last night I spent most of the night awake crying because I was thinking about how I failed Popcorn, I didn’t save him. I should have done more to protect him. I will never not feel guilty about this. I miss him so much!
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #42 
Lucky Lou you didnt fail popcorn you though your boy would have been ok , youv been badly let down x its easy to beat yourself up I do too x and the pain of missing them is terrible I feel so down at nights I just want to sleep to another day , it will take us a long time but I dont think wee will ever fully recover x sending hugs to you Annemarie x
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #43 
It’s already October 31st, Halloween, and another day without Popcorn. He hated Halloween, because of the constant ringing of the doorbell. One year I put a gate up by the front door. He didn’t seem to mind that, and the kids liked seeing him. My daughter wants to pass out candy to the kids. I don’t, but I will do whatever she wants to do. It’s so hard to think about that Popcorn won’t be with us for Halloween this year.
William

Reply with quote  #44 
It is going to be a totally different experience without having William barking at the kids while I hand out candy.
Our lives certainly have changed.

Reply with quote  #45 
I,m so sorry for your loss of popcorn it’s a terrible time for all of us please take care of yourself and that goes for everyone here be kind to yourselves and remember all the lovely times we had with our dear babies.x x
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.