Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 12      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #16 
Thank you CKMP. It's been a difficult day for both my daughter and for me, because today it's been 3 months since Popcorn was taken away from us. We know that he's with his Brother Jack now, and that's helping us somewhat to get through this sad time. Thank you again for your kind words and for your support. We both appreciate it.

Thank you to everyone else too for your kinds words, and support in what you wrote to me here. I didn't think that I would return after what was said, but all of you, especially C helped me to see that it's important not to let the negativity get to me. We're already dealing with enough because of our losses, and anything else added to it just isn't necessary. Once again thank you to everyone for your support my daughter and I both appreciate it.
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #17 
Hi popcorns mum good to see you back , must have been a hard day for you on popcorns 3 mounth anniversary x hope you & your daughter are ok ano its such a hard thing the grief is terrible Av never felt pain like this . Am glad ur back to share about your popcorn as remember your also helping others when they visit on here x much love & huggs Annemarie x
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #18 
Thank you for your message of support Annemarie. The 3 month mark was a difficult day for both of us. We're trying to remember the good times, but whenever we talk about Popcorn we both start to cry. Thanks again for your message.

J
Ollies_Grieving_Mama

Reply with quote  #19 
Popcorn's mom (and sister) -- I just wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about you two since I saw your post a couple of days ago. I can't imagine the extra layers of grief that must be added with your awful situation. I just wanted to tell you that I really hope that you are feeling even a tiny bit better, and are able to hold on to some memories of the good times. I know how hard that  is. But I really hope that you are eventually able to find some  peace, and especially that your daughter is able to process something that no child (though I don't know how old she is) should have to go to. 

Reply with quote  #20 
Its very hard lucky Lou , I feel I cant remember the good times so much because the grief , it will take us all a long time x am so glad your back here x love and best wishes to you & your daughter. Annemarie x
CKMP

Reply with quote  #21 
J,
The tears that fall is the heart's expressions of love and loss for Popcorn...Grief takes its own time, making its own path through our minds and our hearts.  It becomes mingled with guilt, with sorrow and with the fond moments of times spent together.  As we embrace the love for our furred ones, we perhaps must embrace the grief...Popcorn and Jack hear your voice, and are near by for you and your daughter...They walk with you, listen for your words, and know they are so loved.  Never doubt the purity of the connections and bonds between the 'pack' family.  Take care - it is truly one day at a time, one foot in front of the other and often two steps forward and three back.. You are not alone with this journey.  Take care - hugs.
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #22 
"I'm trying to remember you and let you go at the same time."

Thank you again for your messages of support for my daughter and me.
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #23 
I don't like replying to this thread, only because of the negativity that's written on here to me. This was not the way that I wanted to remember the loss of my sweet boy Popcorn, but unfortunately I don't have a choice now. I am writing to talk about an article that I wrote. Here it is

https://petlife.media/pets-we-loved-and-lost

Please share this, so that this never happens to anyone else. In the state where I live sadly this is the law, so there's no chance that the doctor who put my dog to sleep without my permission will ever pay for what he did. I don't want money. No amount of money could ever compare to how we feel about Popcorn. All I want is for this doctor to be punished for what he did. I don't agree with this ruling, because as it says it protects the doctors if they do this. What about the families who are devastated by this? They matter. Most especially what about the animals who did not deserve to die. It was not Popcorn's time. He had just turned 11. He should still be here with us. Here's a link to the AVMA rule

https://www.avma.org/News/JAVMANews/Pages/130515j.aspx
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #24 
You did an excellent job of writing that article. I am still shocked that this can happen and I want to thank you for opening up this topic to so many. I hope changes are made to prevent this from ever happening again to anyone. Blessings to you and your daughter.  

Reply with quote  #25 
I agree, it was a very well written article. I can't believe that a vet, a profession that should only love animals, would do that. It should be akin to a negligent doctor and they should have their license either suspended or revoked. I assumed there would be a governing board for vets that would control this. I am so sorry this happened to you- I would be beside myself if it happened to one of my pets. I'm definitely going to research what CA law is on this matter.

Reply with quote  #26 
Jairbear,

It's been extremely difficult, especially for my daughter. We went away for vacation, trusted her dad to take care of him, instead he had him put to sleep. What I will never understand is why the vet didn't call me. He trusted that what he was saying was what we wanted. It was not! I did file a complaint, and our state board did nothing. The only thing is that there's a record that someone filed a complaint against him. Nobody will ever know what it was for. California has good laws. Hopefully they protect the animals. I live in Texas, they do not have good laws. I would suspect it's because they do a lot of hunting down here. I don't know. I'm just trying to get my message, Popcorn's story out there. If this saves another animal it was worth it, or if it saves another family from heartbreak it was worth it too. Thanks for your reply.

J
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #27 
Thanks Chinadoll for your message. Unfortunately my complaint did nothing. This doctor was not punished for what he did.
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #28 
Luckylou this is terrible I cant believe what I have actually read . I'm in Scotland and I have seen the same vet for years and no way would they have did that without the owners consent , absolutely disgusting am outraged this man should be held responsible and there should be a law ro change that . No one should have to go through what you went through am so so sorry and am angry this has happened to you & your daughter. You should have been called before this and it should have been you that made that decision. Again am gutted hearing this . Thinking of yous Annemarie xx
Ollies_Grieving_Mama

Reply with quote  #29 
Do you think it's something your local news channel would be interested in? It would definitely help spread the word, and it seems like the type of very sad story that they like to pick up.

Reply with quote  #30 
I have tried contacting local media, but so far nobody has contacted me back. I am going to keep trying.

Thank you Annemarie. I wish that the laws were different. They should protect the innocent animals and not the doctors. I think that these people shouldn't be doctors if they don't truly love animals.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.