Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 12      1   2   3   4   Next   »
LuckyLouWho23

Reply with quote  #1 
Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and tell you that I love you. I will never ever forget about the happiness that you brought to our lives. We're the lucky ones for having you around. Your life ended way too soon. For that I am sorry. I'm trying to change the laws here, because of what happened to you, but that's not an easy thing to do. I hope that you can hear me talking to you. I know that Jack is with you. I also know that my mom is watching out for both of you, that's she's loving you just like I would if you were here. You should still be here. I miss you so much Popcorn. 💔
LisaAndy

Reply with quote  #2 
This is the 35th thread you have started about Popcorn in less than 2 months. You can use one of the other 34 threads to write to your dog. It is not fair to the rest of us who have 1 or 2 threads to clutter up the forum like this.  It is not necessary to start a new thread every two days, you can use one of your other threads and just add to it. If any one would like to see all the threads you have started on the same exact subject they can click on your user name and "threads started by this user" and see all 35 since Aug 1. 

Reply with quote  #3 
Popcorn
I think lisaandy has a valid point.
I wanted to suggest journaling your thoughts as an option.

I am not sure how you can change the laws. But perhaps an editorial in your local newspaper that speaks to people about having a conversation with their vet regarding who is the primary owner of the pet and who is responsible for decisions on care of the pet.
If we leave town and leave our pet in the care of someone then a call to the vet may be a great idea to encourage people to do.
If we left a child we would need written info for a treatment plan, insurance information and contact information.
We also need to choose people we trust to care for our babies.
I did find this a very helpful thought provoking piece of information from your original post.
However, it probably would be best to stick to one thread as you write about Popcorn.

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for being so welcoming to me, because obviously I am new to all of this. How dare you! Who do you think you are?! I can see why people don't return to this website, it's because of people like you. Thank you for adding to what has been the WORST experience that I have ever had in my life! I will likely find another website to write on. I'm sorry to all of the people who have been so supportive to me and to my daughter, but this was the last thing that I needed to read today after another sleepless night crying about what I could have done differently to save Popcorn. William thank you for the suggestion about the local newspaper, but sadly nobody cares about animals, wants to hear about this. Plus it needs to be on a much bigger scale if it's going to impact this entire state. This state is a mess! They have very little regard for animals because they hunt here, and most everyone has a gun. Yes of course I would, I will do whatever I can to change the law, because something MUST change so that nobody else ever has to go through what Popcorn and my daughter and I went through.
gizmomybaby

Reply with quote  #5 
Luckylouwho 23 so sorry your having a bad time & am like you am not to sure about how to work this site . So are you ment to still write on the same bit because I didnt do that tonight and I still dont understand x all I can say is am thinking of you and I think you should write where you want when you want , your grief stricken like myself and its so bloody hard to function & to go on never mind knowing how whare to write stufff . iam realy sorry your going through a bad time . I think its going to take ma a long time to get over losen my son , and I like to comfort other best I can but end up harping on about my son & my grief . Plz dont leave the site am sure the people running it would understand, as iv just discovered you can write again on the same thread I THINK x Annemarie
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #6 
There are kind ways to make suggestions and there are abrasive ways to make suggestions. I wish the kinder option had been used. We all grieve in our own ways and we all express it differently. There is never any need to be hurtful or callous to the feelings of others. 

I'm so sorry about your loss of Popcorn and so sorry to read about your continuing level of intense sorrow. The sorrow never leaves us, but it's important to remember that the beautiful, funny, and entertaining memories never leave us, either. Perhaps if you find you're able to come back and share some of those stories with us -- as painful as it can be at first -- you'll find some perspective in grief that helps you to get through each day during this time of difficult adjustment. Smiling, even if it's done through tears, can be a powerful help at times of such massive sorrow. 

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.T.J.'S RESIDENCY: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm
.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Mistysmama

Reply with quote  #7 
You know what? It is very unlike me to want to stir up things.
But what is the actual real harm in this person who is suffering, posting different threads about their dear Popcorn? What harm can that do to anyone else's threads? I can't honestly see why that should be a problem. People are not forced to read anything. And their own threads are not threatened in any way. So where is the problem?

Does it really matter about general "forum protocol"? When we are in great pain, it is so helpful to be able to express our shock, grief, tears, and whatever else, in the best way we can, even if we don't know how forums generally run. I always thought that was the good thing about this site.

I have read Popcorn's story and it is very sad, and I send you kind thoughts. I hope you and your daughter will heal a little in time to come, and your beloved Popcorn will somehow manage to show you he is okay where he has gone. Your shared love is the most important thing. Bless you both and dear Popcorn's Soul. There is really no death. Only a crossing-over from one way to another, and love never dies. That's true.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #8 
Amen, Misty's Mama. Well said.
In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.T.J.'S RESIDENCY: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm
.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
PeanutWee

Reply with quote  #9 
This thread makes me sad. I hope in the future if anyone feels upset about the number of threads another person has, that they would contact the moderator Ginny. While I am thankful for all Ginny does for us and do not wish more work for her, attacks on others really have no place here.

That said, let us all remember we are all grieving here, we all are in pain. We all handle grief differently, sometimes in ways that are not easily understood by others. We should all try to practice patience...there's already so much pain we must deal with.

LisaAndy

Reply with quote  #10 
First of all I did contact Ginny, and I got no answer. This user should be set up not to have to power to start anymore threads. It seems like this forum is not moderated or she would have been dealt with by now. I did not want to do it myself but after opening the tenth thread about the same issue and seeing her start yet ANOTHER one got my blood to boiling. It's not fair! It's not right! It's rude! 

I kept opening threads about the same issue, because sometimes she labels the thread something else besides Popcorn.  Then I kept noticing as the thread got less responses after people responded, she would start a new one. People who have been here awhile don't open the threads labeled "popcorn" anymore but she does it to get the new people to read her story. She starts a new thread as soon as the old one is page two.  She seems to feel her sad story is sadder than the rest of ours. It's sad and it's rude and it's annoying. 
Claiming she doesn't know how it works? She replies to her own threads all the time, so she knows how to add to a thread! She replied to this thread! You hit the reply button. It's not hard at all. You can easily reply to your own thread and it appears back on page one, as SHE KNOWS because she has seen and done it. 

No one needs to add a new thread every 2 days. It's annoying and rude and a time waster for me when I open a thread about something I've already responded to several times. 

What if I started a thread called "Andy"every single day and all of us started new threads about our dead pets every single day? It's wrong. One person's story is not more important than everyone elses.

I've had enough. I'm glad I wrote this here because she has not started another one. Had I not, there would have been 3 more on page one. 

I know we are all grieving which is why we all deserve respect. One person does not deserve more time and space than the rest of grieving people and needs to respect everyone else here.

Reply with quote  #11 
Amen Misty's Mama, Susie Squillions and Peanutwee. Please remember how important kindness is at this difficult time for all of us. A lot of us are in pain and aren't thinking clearly, and nobody thinks the same way. Please be kind with your suggestions. Ginny is a wonderful person, and she created this site to help us all feel better, not critique us. If she thought there was a problem, I'm sure she responded with utmost kindness, privately, to the grieving pet owner.

Popcorn's mom, please continue to share Popcorn's memory with us.

With kindest thoughts, Molly's Mom

Reply with quote  #12 
Popcorn's Mom,

Without a doubt you have encountered someone who is grieving with anger and hurt so deep it finds pettiness as an outline and release. Please continue to share your boy's life with us, on as many different threads as you wish...and as often as you wish. Your pain is felt and there are so many kind people on this forum who care for your sorrow and grief and for your sweet Popcorn. Please do not let someone push you away from the support you need and deserve through this time.
Stand for the value and the worth of Popcorn's time on earth with you - you are protecting his memory and his importance. Do not let this turn you away.
Kindness, compassion, patience, tolerance and respect - life attributes all our furred ones displayed so easily each and every day are those lessons we need to embrace and incorporate into our own lives to honour them.
Thinking of you - and Popcorn - with warm thoughts and know you have a "protective family" on the forum.
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #13 
I can't add any better responses than have been posted above by all these wonderful people here on the forum. Blessings to all of us as we try our best to handle emotions so deep, emotions we have never experienced before. My dear friends taught me more about compassion, love, understanding, and empathy than any life lesson before. We all struggle, we all try to help each other in the midst of our own pain, what a wonderful testament to the love we received. Blessings to us all. Popcorn's mom, I will remember you today as I light my candle for China and Nicky and all the others here.

Reply with quote  #14 
Absolutely beautiful words thanks to you all because I was going to leave here incase I was getting things wrong I myself isnt very good with online stuff and I would never wish to hurt anyone in anyway x all I have had is wonderful beautiful support on here in a realy difficult time , I always try to respond to peoples thread if that's what its called and ro let them know they aren't alone , I end up goin on more about my boy and end up feeling bad for going on about my grief then I think maybe with others knowing they aren't alone in there grief it will help , I cant express my thanks enough to you all for the kindness because I felt ill the thought of having to leave here and I hope popcorns mummy comes back to share whatever she wants and how many times she wants because I will be here to reply to her . Love to all Annemarie
CKMP

Reply with quote  #15 
Popcorn's Mom J
How are you doing?  There are many moments in each day that will be filled with that sense of loss and longing - but take heart and strength in the support you have here.  Your boy will be with you and your daughter for always - he will feel your love and never venture too far away from the two of you - he is with Jack - playing, running, and snoozing in the warm sunshine...never to be separated again.  Take care.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.