LuckyLouWho23
Is this ever going to get an easier?! We both miss you so much Popcorn! We love you! We think about you every single day. I will never understand why this happened! Today I found your dog coat, and started to cry. It's sad being in this house, because you're not here. I have been thinking about maybe getting another animal, but I don't know if I am ready for that. Nobody will ever replace you! I just feel like I have so much love to give to someone else who needs it. I'm trying to be strong, but it's hard. I can't talk to other people about you, because they just say, "It's time to move on." I will never move on, get over this, how you didn't deserve to die! I miss you so much my sweet boy. 💔
Quote 0 0
Bullymom
Oh my God, you can't imagine how much I relate to your feelings. It's been 3 weeks and I feel like I'm going crazy thinking in how could a healthy & happy 9yo dog just die in his sleep. Nothing can comfort me and convince me that this was right, that it was his time to go. I miss Diego so much, it hurts me so deeply everytime I look at the backyard, or at my other dog Maya - who is also depressed without him. I do love her too but it's not the same way, he was my special one. And still, everyone just tells me "it's time to move on!". I can't yet. I'm hurt, I can't move on and go back to normal because nothing seems normal anymore.
I totally understand how hurt you are. Popcorn really didn't deserve what happened, neither did you or your daughter deserve to go through this. But it happened, and it just broke your heart completely.
I think it's awesome that you are thinking about a new dog to share your love with, but don't be afraid that it will replace your Popcorn. No one will ever replace him in your heart, as no one will ever replace my Diego either. But if you can find a space in your heart to share all this love with a new one, and you feel like you can do it, it's really good! Just keep in mind that it's a new love, a new loved one, with a totally different story to be writen with you, and I'm sure you will all be very happy. I'm sure Popcorn and Jack would want you both to be happy again.
I think I will too, one day, be open to love another one, but I'm not ready now. Not yet.
Sending you hugs, know you are not alone!
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Thanks for this. I'm trying so hard to be strong for my daughter, but it's not been easy. Thanks again for your message.
Quote 0 0