1967Pinecone
Well, I'm back again a few months after losing Buttercup, with more bad news. I had to have Polo euthanized today. Vet suspects FIP but there is no way of knowing without a necropsy which I can't afford, and wouldn't bring him back anyway. He was only 7. I've had him since he was a 3 month old kitten - he was surrendered to the shelter where I worked, along with Pinecone and Soho. Pinecone passed from cancer 2 years ago so now Soho is the only one left. Polo had been a little off for the past couple of days, and had a URI, so I kept him in my bedroom and started him on antibiotics, but he was still eating and drinking.  I have seen FIP before, in 3 cats I adopted from the shelter over the years, so when I saw the seizures and eye problems I just knew. And there's no cure. So I didn't have a choice.

Making things worse is  the fact that last week was horrible. It turns out my significant other is a compulsive gambler and borrowed and lost $600 of my money. So I'm financially strapped until Saturday. Then one of my coworkers told me that 2 other coworkers were ridiculing me, ironically, because I was working while they were leaning against their desks playing with their phones. Our front door was filthy so I picked up the Windex and cleaned it, and they were mocking my arm movements and the streaks the towels left. It was just so hurtful. "She can't even clean a window right!" One of the miserable cows is so desperate for a man she had to get a mail-order husband from Morocco, and the other speaks like a dying sheep that has to be put out of its misery. Every time I hear her bleating my skin crawls. But it still bothers me.

We've had really dry weather here and the ground is rock hard, so I had to bury Polo in my chicken yard, which sounds awful, but it's shaded and there are no tree roots getting in the way. My poor chickens couldn't figure out what was going on and kept pestering me. But I'm in with the chickens several times a day so I will be able to visit Polo's grave all the time.

Thanks, all, for reading this. Sometimes I really feel like no one I talk to truly understands, but I know you folks do. Thanks.
"Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow" and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater." But I say unto you, they are inseparable. Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed." Khalil Gibran
Quote 0 0
grahamt
So sorry for your loss. It's been 2.5 weeks since my Kumi left us and it's still so hard.

Don't worry what people think - they clearly have too much time on their hands to be so concerned with what you were doing, and good on you for taking initiative and cleaning while they were just lazy!
Quote 0 0
OmarR
Pinecone,

So very sorry for your loss.

And definitely do not worry about what other people think. It just means that they are mean, shallow, and insecure people with too much time on their hands for ridiculing other people.

Hugs!

Omar.
Quote 0 0
TabithasDaddy
My thoughts are with you on your loss.

Yes, pay no attention to those other people. to make up for the likes of them is why we have our little four-legged, our truest, friends.
Quote 0 0
1967Pinecone
Thanks everyone. I'm so sorry for your losses as well.

I'm crying right now, sitting at my laptop in my bedroom, where Polo stayed his last few days. I really need to clean everything up - dump out his litterbox, wash his food and water bowls and his blankets. But I can't, even though everywhere I look his things are there, like an accusation. I wish there was something I could have done. Sometimes I wish I didn't have any pets at all. 
"Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow" and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater." But I say unto you, they are inseparable. Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed." Khalil Gibran
Quote 0 0