elliemeewiz
For my Sybil girlie. She’s in the hospital tonight in congestive heart failure and with other stuff. I’m in shock. Yes she is older, nearly 17 and she has been getting fluids and cerenia and pepcid for vomiting. She had a bad smell in her mouth so I took her to her dvm at 6pm. They rx clindamycin and 2-3hours after I gave it to her, after she ate some turkey and seemed fine, she was breathing rapidly.

I took her to the er vet where they said she was stable. Xrays and blood tests showed a lot and I’m shocked. An enlarged heart and liver, fluid in her lungs, lower creatinine, and a slightly elevated liver value. There was more. I just was questioning all of it because she had an x-ray about three months ago I think and none of this showed up.

how could this happen? So quickly. Could this have been because she was getting too much fluid for her kidneys? I just don’t know what to think and I’m afraid we’re losing her.

The er DVM said he think she’s going to stabilize. they are giving her oxygen and lasic by IV. Then they will do an echo Cardiogram and ultrasound of her liver tomorrow and see what’s going on. he thinks she is going to be able to come home what do you think?

Please pray for her if you are religious or send your good wishes I just don’t know how I’m gonna live without her. This is like the end of my life. I don’t know how I made it through without my wizard but Sybil helped me. I have my little Quinn but I have not really bonded with him the way I did with my other cats they were here with me for so long. I just can’t imagine living without my fluffy girl. I held her once before she went into the oxygen booth. I’m afraid I will never hold her or kiss her again. 😭
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I will be praying for your Sybil, and for you. This is so difficult, we feel out of control for maybe the first time. We take care of them, love them, provide for them, then when an illness like this comes we feel lost. Just know that you are doing all you can for Sybil, I know how you feel, I'm so sorry. Congestive Heart Failure is difficult to deal with, both my dogs passed away due to this illness. We tried all our best, we did everything we could. My little chihuahua Chinadoll, was diagnosed with a 'slightly' enlarged heart, but in just 3 months it became a critical issue, I had no idea it could escalate so fast. The bond you have with Sybil is so beautiful, it is everlasting, it can never be broken or forgotten. You have all my prayers and my wife's. Please let us know how things are going as you can, there are so many wonderful people here to help during times like this. Blessings.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Oh Elliemeewiz...so so sorry - this is so difficult...Many prayers and wishes and good thoughts for your Sybil....You are doing what you can....Remember you two are bonded - as you and Wizard - your love is strong and will always be...She will always be with you - I remember you and Wizard so well and am so sorry you are dealing with this once more so soon.  Many, many hugs...All prayers and hopes for your girl...
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
Thanks so much guys, you’re the best. Your words gave me comfort. I’m so sorry for China Doll having suffered with this awful disease. It’s so frightening. I went through this with my first tortie kitty Tess years ago- first heart failure and then kidney failure and anemia. It never gets easier. Sybil is home tonight and she is much better with the Lasix, she’s a bit out of it but happy to be home.

She has to be on 3 more meds now for her heart which means a gazillion pills. It’s very overwhelming. I’m going to try to get them compounded as liquids to make it easier. One med pimobendan is a huge pill twice per day, she needs lasix 2 x per day, Plavix 2 x per day, cerenia, and Pepcid once per day and the fluids still eod but now only 50ml. They changed the solution to lower salt content and added sugar to help her absorb it. I asked to switch to clavamox instead of clindamycin for her teeth. but it made her foam at the mouth. I don’t know how I’m gonna manage all this but somehow I have to. I was pretty hysterical last night but I feel calmer now that she’s home and this is not the end yet. Her liver is enlarged too so they said that could be cancer, but there are no masses. I hope not. I don’t understand it, I try to take the best care of my babies and they all get so sick.

I’m very worried about Quinn jumping on her. He never evolved from that as he grew up and I don’t want him stressing her out especially now. I feel so guilty now that he could have caused her stress and made this worse. He’s going for his check up and I’m going to get him on some meds to help this soon to give her a break. He wears a thunder coat and goes to time out when he gets too crazy or sprayed with water but it’s not enough. Today he was hissing at her and even growling because she smells like the hospital etc I think. I’ll do my best to stop him from stressing her out more.

Yep CkMP I can’t believe I’m going through this again so soon. I didn’t think anything could be harder than losing Wiz. I hope I can make it through this time. This is even harder because she’s all I have left of my old life and she’s my father’s cat. He is older and ill himself and he depends on her. I hope you are well, how are you doing? I’ll check back in and let you know how things go and post some pics. I just hope we have more time with her. Hugs to everyone 💕
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
Hey Ellie!  I am so glad to hear from you!  I have wondered whatever happened with you and the new kitten (Quinn).  You were so excited and happy to get him.  I am so sorry it didn't work out like you thought it would.  And I hope Sybil is doing lots better now.  That is a lot of medicine and it is so hard to get cats to take meds.  I know you still miss Wizard so much.  I don't think you will have another baby like Wizard - he was your boy.  I still continue to miss my Little with all of my heart and soul.  It will be 2 years in February but I am still hurting and aching for him.  Life goes on but we still love and miss our babies.  Please stay in touch and keep me updated on your situation with Sybil and Quinn.  Hopefully as he gets older he will settle down.  I wish you a blessed and peaceful 2018 and I hope things get better for you.  Take care ... hugs to you (you will be in my thoughts and prayers) ... Betty
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi elliemeewiz,
Just checking in to see how Sybil is doing. I was so sad to read that she's been ill! I hope you will still have lots of happy times left together! I think Quinn will settle in - he may just be wanting your attention and likely loves you more than you know. They surprise us sometimes.
Sending hugs - and prayers for Sybil! 💖
MJ
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
Hi Betty and Mj,

For some reason I miss the replies from here sometimes. Sybil,is doing very well, all things considered, and Quinn is on Prozac now but it’s not helping yet, in fact he seems a bit worse😳 he’s very hard to pill, so I’m getting it compounded as a liquid. And also for Syb’s pimobendan because it’s very hard to crush and liquify It and then get it in her and she’s been foaming at the mouth I’m also worried that she could get aspiration pneumonia,

I hope the compounded liquids will be better for both of them. I do not mean to imply that I don’t love Quinn, I love him very much and he’s my little baby boybee, I just wish he would stop jumping on Sybil etc, all of his other personality quirks I can tolerate them, yes I would’ve liked a calmer temperament, but he really keeps you on your toes. My main concern is causing Sybil stress. So I hope this medication will work eventually or maybe we can try something else.

As much as I love him though he has only been here for 14 months and the bond is not the same as that that you have with your kitties and other fur babies who you’ve been with for 17 years and who are a part of your life from another life you know, of course you understand that I’m sure. It’s like no matter how much you do love your new baby it still feels terrifying to be without the ones that you have been with for so long and who you are so familiar with and who have been so good to you. Sybil is the last tie I have to my old life with my precious fur babies from that dominant era of my life.

You’re right I think we are never going to stop missing Wizard and Little and Bailey etc, and all of our fur babies. I don’t know, I have so many pictures of wizard by my bedside and I have pics of Angie and Tess and I was thinking I should have more pics of Angie too because I feel I’m not being fair LOL. And Byron as well of course, soon I will have no room left on my wall.

I just hope we have more time with Sybil and that she will keep doing well on these medications it is really hard to balance the heart medication and the kidney fluids etc. She is going to her doctor next week to get some blood work done and see how everything is going. The cardiologist he talked to suggested we should stop the fluids completely but her doctor is worried that then her kidneys are going to be damaged by the heart medications like Lasix

I’m having a hard time managing all of these medications it is really a lot to do. And now my back is in a big spasm in my tailbone and I could barely do anything it seems. I have been taking Aleve so hopefully it’s gonna get better soon and I’ll get back to normal. I also injured my knee over the summer with a torn meniscus so things are not going that well.

Bailey I hope youre right that Quinn is going to settle down and you are right he is very territorial and possessive of me so I think it’s a lot of this dominant situation where he gets jealous and also he’s just very excited and Sybil is the only other cat so he wants to play and she just wants nothing to do with it. Otherwise they are OK they could be sitting on a bed and sleeping together as long as he doesn’t try to jump on her. I think the problem is she never knows when Mr. Hyde monster is going to come out so she’s always nervous around him.

Wishing you both peace and happiness in this new year as well let’s hope things all work out for the better. I’m gonna try and post some pics soon but I have to make them smaller for this website.

And I have another happy story to tell- that I rescued someone’s Siamese mix cat who Was eating outside with my outdoor kitties this past weekend. He had been coming here for a month or so and I didn’t know if he was just someone’s cat at first coming to have a snack. I noticed he had a collar on and then all the sudden he came over to me and started meowing, like he was asking me to help him,before he had been running away mostly. I noticed there was a tag on his collar. So I trapped him and his tag had his phone number etc. I called his family and they came to get them- they were only a few blocks away! They had moved from across the road and after they moved they let him out again and he seemed OK but then he got lost so he was not really oriented to his new home and was probably trying to go to his old house. I told them they should just keep him in all the time now or maybe just take him out on the leash at least keep him in for a month so until he gets used to the new house. I miss him, he was a really beautiful cat and so sweet. Quinn was so excited because he knows all the outdoor kitties, I hold him up to see them while they eat and they say hi etc. I will try to post his pic here too. I miss him but of course I’m so glad that he is home and that he has a home to go to unlike my other kitties outside.

Ps I still have my little pillow at night which is like wiz hugging me and talk to wizard of course 😹 Quinn sleeps next to me or at my feet but he’s not a huggy cat although he will Cuddle and sit on top of me and kneed my arm so hard it hurts! He jumps from the floor or counters to my shoulders and loves to sit there but he weighs 11pounds now and it’s hard to manage now, but I let him do it anyway as long as possible. He also guards me even with my own family members. 😹 I know he really loves me and is devoted to me so if he stops jumping on Sybil I’ll be ok. I have been thinking for a while a younger companion for him to play with might help but I’m worried they may both jump on Syb then. I think he was hoping Cameron, the Siamese brother, would be his new friend although he seemed a bit nervous too when he was in the studio.

Well love and hugs to everybody 💕🐾🐾🐾🐾 and I’ll post more soon.
Quote 0 0