summerinosaka
I’m not going to write a lot... I’m very anxious; shaking and just feeling overall unease. One of my other cats I own, Cupcake, has contracted FeLV and is battling an infection as we speak. I’m scared for her. I don’t want her to die. I lost my baby Dumpling last month. This is so unfair... Not to me, but to my babies. They deserve to live longer and enjoy more time on this earth. Please, I’m begging of you all, pray for her recovery. I’m doing all that I can to make her comfortable and to make her feel better. Do any of you have any tips on what to give cats with infections? I ordered black seed oil but I’m scared to give it to her. She’s not eating and I have to supplement her with food so I bought her some calorie supplements to help with that. I’ll try anything I can to help her... As long as it’s safe. 
Dream little one! You can run and jump and climb again! For always! Dream little one, and I will dream with you.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
I am sorry to hear about your beloved Cupcake. The good news is that you may still be able to help her. Yes, while black seed oil is very medicinal, you may want to hold off giving it to her until you consult with a holistic vet. It might be just what Cupcake needs. I am not a vet or a practitioner, so I will only say that it might be the best money you ever spend. I don't know the extent of Cupcake's infection (is it deep tissue - like Sepsis?) but there are many natural remedies (herbs, botanicals, etc.) that a naturopathic/holistic vet may be able to help you with. I think it's worth a shot. Please let us know what you decide and keep us updated on Cupcake's progress. I wish you nothing but success.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
summerinosaka

I am sorry to hear about your beloved Cupcake. The good news is that you may still be able to help her. Yes, while black seed oil is very medicinal, you may want to hold off giving it to her until you consult with a holistic vet. It might be just what Cupcake needs. I am not a vet or a practitioner, so I will only say that it might be the best money you ever spend. I don't know the extent of Cupcake's infection (is it deep tissue - like Sepsis?) but there are many natural remedies (herbs, botanicals, etc.) that a naturopathic/holistic vet may be able to help you with. I think it's worth a shot. Please let us know what you decide and keep us updated on Cupcake's progress. I wish you nothing but success.

Warmest regards,
Jim

Thank you for the response. I’ve been watching her like a hawk, feeding her every six hours and since her calorie supplement has arrived she’s also received that. I’m giving her her medicine regularly (lysine paste, a liquid mix of herbs which supposedly helps with FeLV)... I’m also giving her water every 1-2 hours. She had a fever but I believe it’s since broke. Her nose was dry but now it’s gotten wet and she has the energy to groom herself. She’s using the litter box on her own, too. A few days ago she would just wet herself or soil herself on her towel. I really appreciate the help. I’ll still consider black seed oil just in case she needs an extra boost, so I’ll contact the vet for information on it and whether or not it’s safe for her to have it. I’m going to keep doing the best I can to take care of her. Again, thank you. 

Dream little one! You can run and jump and climb again! For always! Dream little one, and I will dream with you.
Quote 0 0