sbcvulcan
I just recently, within, the past two weeks, put to sleep our 11 year old goldendoodle due to a myriad number of health reasons. I have a 10 year old poodle and today after her walk and laying down for a few minutes she got up and her rear legs could barely hold her and she was swaying . This went on for about 15 seconds, no previous signs ever,  felt like an eternity. Now i am reading possible causes, none of which appear so promising and all seem to require lots of testing.

I am just beyond worried and although i know nothing of the outcome i am wondering how i could possibly deal with another extended illness or negative diagnosis. I just cant lose my last dog.  I had three, first at 15, January 2017, now a few weeks ago and now???
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Leslie I’m so sorry.
I have to ask how your 10 yr old has been doing since the death of your goldendoodle? Has she been eating the same? I ask because they grieve right along with us and are prone to the same symptoms of grief. Not sleeping well and not eating or drinking normally are the first three. You said it was right after a walk and if any of the three are changed a walk could do it. I don’t know if you are having hot weather or not, all combined could make her very wobbly or just one or the other. I know you’ll be taking her to the Vet tomorrow to have her looked at regardless of how she seems to be doing for the rest of the night, for your piece of mind. Please let me know how it goes, I’d tell you not to worry but I know that’s not an option❣️,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
sbcvulcan
Thank you for your reply. She seems to be doing well in all other categories and this was the first i've ever seen like this at all but good question. Weather was cool and the walk was on flat sidewalks, not climbing.I have been spending a lot of time with her, walks, rides in car, etc. I am focusing so much on her now as there is undivided attention. I so fear being left alone with no dog to love after 23 years of pets in my home. I will let you know what transpires, i can only hope it was a weird fluke.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Leslie, I am so sorry for your losses. I sincerely hope there is nothing too serious going on with your poodle. Like Lynn said, there may be other factors at play here. I know tonight is going to be a very long night for you and you are going to worry until you get to the vet. I am praying for you and your poodle. 
Quote 0 0