Forum

Author   Comment  
Katia76

Reply with quote  #1 
Good morning, my name is Katia and my baby who is 5-year-old is Sofi. She is a mixed german shepperd adopted in 2012 after my father passed away. She was diagnosed 4 months ago w lymphoma and is in chemo since March. I have learned to live one day at time, and today I am struggling with her refusal to eat. Please, someone can help me w any suggestion?Please...and believe me, I have tried a lot! I left a picture of my baby with that clothes to avoid she makes some lesions worse when I am not at home...thanks

Attached Images
jpeg 20180527_204059.jpg (2.66 MB, 3 views)

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #2 
Their is a drug your Vet could give her. It’s an antidepressant that is for human use. A small pill. The side effect is it causes hunger. Not very popular anymore because of that side effect! But it is used for animals because of that. I used it on my dog and it works wonderfully and most sick animals feel depressed so it was a double bonus. I’m so sorry I can’t remember the name, I took all her meds back to the hospital. Your Vet should know what I’m talking about. She needs to keep up her strength so give them a call 💙

Reply with quote  #3 
Tankie12, Thank you!
msweet13

Reply with quote  #4 
My vet gave my kitty girl Scarlett prednizone (sp) to initiate appetite. I have not seen any side effects. Maybe that is something you can explore.
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Katia76

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes, it helps a lot w the appetite but prednisone is part of the chemo protocol and you are right when she was in prednisone she ate a lot...i think that Tankie 12 made reference to mirtazapine that increases the appetite too...thanks a lot...in addition to the meds is there any food that your dog love or does not resist to eat?
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #6 
Yes! Mirtazapine was what I was talking about! When Tankie was going through Chemo I cooked a lot of kale and bacon and cheese omlets. I made ice cream treats, yogurt, peanut butter, banana and filtered water and froze them. I’m not sure what your baby’s diet is, prior I only fed dry. But you have to get them to eat and my Vet always wanted her to have a meal prior to Chemo. She was in hospital all day. I’m really for the Mirtazapine because of the antidepressant affect, you feel bad physically and you are mentally down also, and it really stimulates the hunger drive. Hoping for the best for you, and your baby, take care
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.