Colpatricia7788

I lost my 15 yr old cat a month ago and I am severely depressed.
Quote 0 0
Sayuri
You will find much comfort in this forum. Many of us are still grieving for our Babies many months after they crossed. Some of the stories are very uplifting as we are reminded that our furbabies never leave us. I haven't stopped crying, looking for a grief counselor. We have to do whatever we need to so we can feel better. Regards
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Colleen,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet cat. Many people here can relate to depression and how it relates to losing a beloved pet. Perhaps it would help to share stories, pictures and feelings regarding your sweet cat.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
I am so very sorry.  I lost my cat of 18 1/2 years last week and I am also sad. I found when I started to reestablish my routine and get out of the house it got a bit better. The busier I am the better it is. If you feel like you are severely depressed than you should talk to someone-a grief counselor perhaps. But everyone on this forum is super helpful and we are all in the same boat. Hugs to you
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
My heart breaks for you... I lost my Wiley 4 years ago, he was also 15. He was my best friend and soul mate and it is still so devastating.
Please know you are not alone.. You have so much love and support on this site.
I'm so very sorry for the loss off your baby ❤

Lifting you up in prayer xo
Stacie
Quote 0 0
GBs_Mom
I'm sorry for your loss and for the depression that you are suffering. My cat was 14, almost 15, when I lost her a year ago. A month is not a long time, and the pain is still very fresh for you. Grief does tend to come in waves, but know that the passage of time will lessen the severity and frequency of the pain.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Colpatricia7788:

So sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. All of us are experiencing the same emotions that you are. So glad that you joined this Forum. Post often. I t can help. You are not alone.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
rbaharav
I am so sorry for your loss!  It is a horrible thing to have a beloved pet die.  This forum is wonderful for posting your feelings.  you are definitely not alone!
Robin Baharav
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Colpatricia7788,
I am so sorry for your loss of your 15 year old cat. Please know that you are not alone. Keep writing here as it does help ease the pain.
I lost my 19 year old cat 16 days ago and the greiving process is unbearable. The guilt, loneliness, mad, depression will come and go and then rear it's ugly head again. I try to focus on that he is happy and free at Rainbow Bridge and not in pain anymore. Cats are so good at hiding their pain. Please keep sharing here as we all are here for you. Big hugs.xo
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Becky1990 wrote:
Colpatricia7788,
I am so sorry for your loss of your 15 year old cat. Please know that you are not alone. Keep writing here as it does help ease the pain.
I lost my 19 year old cat 16 days ago and the greiving process is unbearable. The guilt, loneliness, mad, depression will come and go and then rear it's ugly head again. I try to focus on that he is happy and free at Rainbow Bridge and not in pain anymore. Cats are so good at hiding their pain. Please keep sharing here as we all are here for you. Big hugs.xo
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Becky1990 wrote:
Colpatricia7788,
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
I SO understand...I lost my 23.5 year old cat in July.  I thought I'd never be able to get another cat.  I felt..guilt..felt I would be betraying her...and felt like I would be unhappy if she wasn't a "clone" of my pooty...Then I met Bubba!  She picked me!  I realized that I needed that unconditional love in my life! The first night she was here..I woke up with her head in my hand, sound asleep.  I still miss my Pooty..but it is getting better with the help of Bubba!
TO
Quote 0 0
jerigraehl
I am right there with you. I lost my 15 year old Tonkinese cat Khaomanee 2 months ago. It is still so hard. I miss him so much and like many here I feel terrible guilt over the way he passed. I am very depressed too. I got Khaomanee a month after losing both of my previous cats. One from a fibrosarcoma caused by a rabies shot he should never have had as he was indoor only. And the second was unexpected - he was actually taken out of my house by a construction worker who had a grievance with me and I don't know what he did with him and I could not prove it. I had planned on Khaomanee to be his companion. In the end he was a real life saver because he helped me with my grief so much. Now he is gone. The loss is unbearable but it is the price we pay for how much love they give us. A high price but the love is so amazing and really helps get us through life. I wish   I could say I feel better now than I did a month ago but some days are just plain worse than others. I just miss him so much and I wish I could do things over and he would not have gotten so sick. So I have guilt to compound it. Like so many here. 
jerigraehl
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
I totally feel.for you.....grieve is so individual. I wish I well
TO
Quote 0 0