sydney1201
I've been a mess this week...
10 weeks and 2 days ago, I lost my Sydney. My daughter, my best friend,my world. How am I supposed to move foward, when she can't? I don't even want to eat or have any fun...because she can't. I cry everyday, and it is hard for me to keep my sanity at work. I just want to be home with our puppy, so I can ball up and cry. I look through pictures and videos everyday, and still cannot believe she is gone. My life has changed without her. I know my husband is still grieving, but he is not showing it so much anymore. So I've come here to ask for more comforting words, this is where I feel comfortable to let it all out.

Sometimes I feel guilty because we have a new boston terrier puppy, but I needed another little girl to love. She has given us hope...and we will never deprive her of any love. Rhemy is special in her own little way, and I am so glad that we have her.

I just miss Sydney so much, I just keep asking...why why why did this have to happen? I just can't believe it.
I love you Sydney
6.4.01~12.1.10
Quote 0 0
creampuff

I understand how you're feeling.  Sydney's loss has been so devasting to you and I know that your life has changed.  I, too, ask why I lost my babies.  I don't understand why, but I do know that someday you and I and all the other grieving parents, will understand.  I believe that everything is OK, whether we accept that or not.  We'll cross the bridge and see our babies once again and then we'll understand it all.  What a joyous day that will be.  We just have to keep going on in life until then.  Don't feel guilt at having a new baby....the best thing for you now, is love.  Loving that puppy and growing closer will ease the pain of losing Sydney.  And you can seek out the new parents who have come to this site, fresh with intolerable grief, and you can send them loving and caring words of comfort.  That's what I do now.  It is helping me get through each day without my babies.  You're in my prayers.

Quote 0 0
donnalee

Dear sydney1201, I'm truly so sorry for your pain.  Most of us, including myself, were still hurting greatly at 10 weeks.    This grieving process takes a long time.  We are all different in our experience but, in general, I think it is safe to say it takes a long time.  There is no other loss quite like it.   It is a cruel fact that animals don't have as long of a life span as we do so, in most cases, we will lose them before we pass ourselves.    Oh, how we wish we could have them longer.  I agree with creampuff...I completely believe we will be with them again one day when the time comes.  I hope you will find time to go back and read some threads from pages that are buried because there are some threads that will give you hope for the future.  Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.     

Quote 0 0