catman13
I made the fateful decision to put my faithful friend, Darth Vader, to sleep today.  I feel so numb now.  I know the tears will come soon but right now, the wound is still too fresh.  I miss him so much. He was diagnosed with mouth cancer in February and made it to today, August 10, 2017.  After the final injection, the vet looked in his mouth and said he was amazed he lived so long.  My boy was a fighter.  On his final day, he ate and went about his normal routine.  He had started from the mouth and was having trouble eating. His mouth also had grown more swollen.  It's like he wanted me to see him in his former glory.  I know I made the right decision but it still hurts.
RIP my old friend; May 11, 2003-August 10, 2017.

thumbnail_FullSizeRender[3].jpg 
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Darth Vader was a beautiful cat! He was a real fighter and likely because he loved you so much. I know it is so difficult during these first few days, weeks, months but it gets easier in time. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs your way!
CK
Quote 0 0
Tinky1
Hi catman

I am sorry for your loss. I had to send my special black boy buster on his final journey last night due to kidney failure. I am heart broken and cant believe hes gone.

I do believe we have both done the right thing for our black beauties though because they are now both out of pain and back to their old selves in heaven.

I hope you are managing to bear up ok. I am in bits and bearly functioning today unfortunately.

Sarah
Quote 0 0
Bre
Catman,

I am so so sorry about Darth Vader. I am a huge fan of black cats. I hope that you are doing well with his loss. I know that numb feeling.. I've been going through some stages as well with the recent loss of my cat. She was the first animal I've ever had to put to sleep.. I'm convinced it was the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. 

The first cat I ever lost (in 2013) was a large black cat named Lestat.. he looks a lot like your kitty <3 I'd like to think that Lestat and Darth Vader are cat angel buddies now. 

Hang in there! You did make the right decision. 
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
So sorry for the loss of darth vada , its horrendous I had to put my boy to sleep 4 days ago x I cant come to terms with it all . Its the worse feeling ever x the hurt feeling is horrible am so lost I dont know whare am going or what am doing , I just want my son gizmo back 😢
Quote 0 0
catman13
gizmomybaby wrote:
So sorry for the loss of darth vada , its horrendous I had to put my boy to sleep 4 days ago x I cant come to terms with it all . Its the worse feeling ever x the hurt feeling is horrible am so lost I dont know whare am going or what am doing , I just want my son gizmo back 😢
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
catman13
gizmomybaby wrote:

Yes, I'm still hurting too.  Thank you for your kind words.  I hope we both make it through this difficult time.
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
catman13
catman13 wrote:

Yes, I'm still hurting too.  Thank you for your kind words.  I hope we both make it through this difficult time.

We have to be strong.  Our pets don't want us to grieve.  Their love is still there for us, as ours still exists for them.
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0