OscarsMomma
I have not been able to view the pictures I took from Oscar's last day until very recently. I miss him a lot and viewing his pictures reminded me that I will never take any more pictures. I am beginning to settle down though I think about him all the time. I wanted to share my beautiful boy with you all.

15252828122_5828ffee50_z.jpg 

Chewing on my shoes to his heart's content

15066458309_d611d05325_z.jpg 

The best treat of all: getting to be outside.

Oscar was but 9. I had not even 4 full years with him. He loved me so much. And I loved him. He is sorely missed.
Quote 0 0
OscarsMomma
15230212046_eb31833612_z.jpg 

Watching his favorite tweeting bird

15066524090_455a6141a9_z.jpg 

Always seeing something interesting outside

15066640777_d881f13d0e_z.jpg 

Look at me, Momma!

15066663648_42a6f00de6_z.jpg 

Sleeping contentedly

15250122371_136de3e6be_z.jpg

Helping me make the bed.

Overall, even though I miss him terribly and I am still consumed with guilt about putting him down, I am glad I could give him a good last day. I have to remind myself often that it doesn't matter whether I had waited to put him down--the lymphoma would have ravaged him and made him miserable. He was happy and he was loved and that's the best I could have done for him. I have nothing but good memories of him.

Oscar was but 9. I had not even 4 full years with him. He loved me so much. And I loved him. He is sorely missed.
Quote 0 0
Katel
How beautiful Oscar was and with such lovely markings.  I'm so glad you have these photos as
they show just how contented and happy and loved he was.  I just love that one of him rolling
in the sunbeam and I want to reach out and tickle his tummy. 
Thanks for posting them, and blessings to you

Kate 
Quote 0 0
Francine
Oscar is beautiful - so much personality - thank you for sharing these.

Francine
Quote 0 0
Jinxandmatildas_mom
Wow what great pictures, how happy he was, I hope you look at those and remember that, that he was so very happy and loved, I have a picture on some of my threads of my jinx in the Christmas tree, yes literally up in it laying on a branch, it was hard to look at at first, but that memory puts a smile on my face now, what a great time me and both my babies had (lost them both this past month) sometimes it's still hard to look at some of their pictures without crying, I have hundreds on my phone, but hopefully in time I will be able to look back at all of them as I wouldn't have missed those moments for anything
Kathy
Quote 0 0
Charliesmommy
What a beautiful boy!

Charlie used to help me make the bed too.  I would pull the top sheet over him and watch his shape zig zag under it.  It was so much fun.

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us.  The one of him watching the bird is awesome.

hugs,

Tammy
Quote 0 0
MrB1_
What beautiful pictures. I cried while I looked at them. You were very smart to take them; I didn't know Buster's last day would be his last or I may have taken some.

I'm crying all over again for "last day's". They are all such precious, loving creatures. Their loss is enormous.
Roberta
Quote 0 0
Kylea
Oscar is just beautiful! Hold on those pictures and memories. After a while, you will look at those pictures with happiness. I still look at Bailey's pictures and cry because I will not be able to take pictures of her anymore. I have to think though how happy I am that I took those pictures and will have them forever.

Again, Oscar is beautiful. 

Kylea
Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0
OscarsMomma
Thanks, everyone. Oscar was such a great kitty, full of personality. I miss how he talked to me. I'd say something, "Meow," I'd say something else, "Meow," and something else, "me-borednow-ow."

He greeted me at the door when I came home (him not being at the door was a sign he wasn't feeling well) and he'd watch me leave from the window. As I took my shower, he'd wait for me outside the door and then followed me to the kitchen.

I miss him something fierce. Will I ever have that wonderful connection again?
Quote 0 0