Scottdadtothehoney
I wrote this obit for her. That really helped. 

My beloved pet The Honey aka Helene died in my arms on July 30, 2013. She suddenly came down with a severe respiratory infection the previous day, and the cost of further specialized treatment
of a possible heart condition was beyond my means.
She was born circa 1998, found as a stray on the street in 2002, and adopted by me, accompanied by my dear friend Tracy, who named her from the AntiCruelty Society of Chicago, in
September 2002.
During her eleven years with me, she showed an abundance of love and remarkable intelligence.
pictureofthehoney.jpg She lived a wonderful life for that time and wanted for nothing.
She is survived in her household by me, Scott Grunow (the late Barry), and Scott's roommate, Dan Greene. Cremation arrangements and the making of a clay paws memorial have been made by Near North Animal Hospital.

Scott G
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Scott this is just beautiful.
I never thought to write an obit
but now I think it would even help
me further.
Thank You for sharing.
Susan
Quote 0 0
Scottdadtothehoney
Thank you. If anyone needs wants to write an obit or something about their beloved furbaby and needs help, just ask. 

I am a writer and I love to write. 
Scott G
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Scott, this is a lovely idea. A fine obituary for a beautiful girl, The Honey.
It's so awful when they go. We have dedicated so much of our lives to them, always thought of them, and when they go, our lives feel like they are going round in pointless circles.
And I think when we write something for them, something gracious, funny, or sad, whatever we write for them -it helps.
I started writing a blog for my girl Misty about a month before she passed. She had risen above some health issues, with the most remarkable resilience! So I got this blog going....I enjoyed doing it -bits were funny -she sat by me at night as I typed, and we both laughed....
I had no idea she was by that stage terminally-ill with Hemangiosarcoma.
So the blog suddenly changed course as I found out, and recovering from her first internal bleed, and then her last days. I had no idea it would end that way.
But writing it, adding pictures, transferring it from one blog venue to another, adding music etc....were the only things I wanted to do after she passed. Writing about her definitely helped me.
Some people write TO them. Letters to Heaven. I just send her love from my heart -and sometimes hear her "reply".
Blessings to you. And a big hug.
I am so sorry for your loss of dear sweet Honey.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Seleya
Such a lovely obit, and I think that it is a really great idea. I also like the Letters to Heaven idea. I want to try to create one and put them on Kara's grave.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
judylinn
The Honey, is just so beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is.
It was a beautiful obit. I find writing really helps. I write to Maddie alot, and send her love. Blessings to you Scott....
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
That was beautiful, Scott. I think I will do one for Hailey today.
Quote 0 0