Dalidog
DSCN4311 (3).JPG  DSCN4311 (3).JPG

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
jackson64
Shes a beauty!!! My thoughts are with you. I am having a rough couple days as of late. I just miss Jack so much! Does the pain ever go away? Will I ever feel whole again without him? I feel like I'm crazy!! Hugs to you today, and all that have lost their best friend!!
Tricia
Quote 0 0
loft2111
I am so glad you posted more pictures of Dali, she is adorable and you were are great mom to her.  Please post more pictures so we can all honor her memory.  I have cried myself to sleep the past few nights for Little Man, I miss him so much.  I decided to put his leash and harness in a zip loc bag to preserve his smell.  I broke down last night crying because his bed no longer smells like him and I told my husband that soon he will be a memory and I can't live with him fading like that.  I understand your pain and this roller coaster ride of emotions that we are all on.
Take care.
Little Man's mom
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thank you all.  I have such a hard time with her pictures, they make me smile and cry at the same time.  This weekend was VERY hard for me.  Some days are easier than others, but NONE are ever easy.  I don't think the pain ever goes away Jacks mom.  I've been told you have to learn to live with it, but sometimes it gets the best of me and I break down.  Never felt so alone.  I know you all feel the same and I am sorry, I wish no one had to ever feel like that.

I understand trying to keep their smell.  I won't even wash my bathroom rug because she used to lie on it when I was in the tub.  Somehow, a piece of her is there.  I really have no clue how to get past this.  I can leave home for a while like I did today, but I start to cry when I near home because I know she isn't there to greet me.

I will post more pics of Dali as soon as I can look at them.  The one on this post is the one I have kept out for a year or so.  I will never put it up, it is part of me now.  Dali will always be very beautiful to me and I will never have another.  I searched for the right dog for 9 months and had her name Dali (dolly) before I laid eyes on her when she was just 2 weeks old.  The years flew by and I am afraid I took too much for granted with her.  Never expected it to end so suddenly.

I know you are all in great pain, as am I.  Thank you for understanding.  I know crying is a part of grief, but I haven't even been able to wear any eye makeup for the last 3 weeks, there would be no use.

Take care of yourselves.  I feel closer to the people on this site than anyone around me.  People don't seem to care.  My daughter tries, she hugs me and says it will be alright.....but I know it won't because I can't change what happened.

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers

"The dog of your boyhood teaches you a great deal about 
friendship, and love, and death: 

Old Skip was my brother. They had buried him under our 
elm tree, they said—yet this wasn't totally true. 

For he really lay buried in my heart."

Willie Morris,
My Dog Skip

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
I am so glad you posted her pictures she is beautiful :)) Will check back later on to see if your on line :)
Smiles and Hugs
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thanks.  I posted another picture on the Hello Dali thread....a Halloween picture of her.  I miss her so.  Thanks..  She IS my life
I am going to try and do the candlelight ceremony..  have my candles ready

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
Katel
I posted on another thread remarking how beautiful Dali was and this is another
lovely photo.  You say how alone you feel and I do understand as I don't think there is anything as lonely
as grief.  I find most people think I should be 'over ' it   after 2 weeks which is why i come back here
to share my grief and know I won't be judged.  Trying to keep their smell is hard but I haven't touched Danny's little bed or blankets since he passed and keep smelling the blanket though it's very faint.
I'll never wash it, or his old teddy bear which I now sleep with. I talk to him all day and wish him
good night and 'see'  him trot up to his little bed which he loved, then i tuck him in with the
blanket.  It sounds crazy but I actually do tuck him in.

Thinking of you,
Blessings,
Kate 

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
It isn't crazy to tuck him in.  My baby slept with me and I always make sure I leave that space on the edge of the bed for her.  I always will.   I too come back here because I am tired of people telling me to "get over it" and think I am crazy for me grief.  Two weeks is no time..  Is three weeks for me and time has stood still.  I have a picture of Dali in my garden on my bookcase and a painting in the snow of her my daughter made.  They will always be out where I can see them.  I pray every night that Dali will come to me and be with me in my dreams.  She is still here and I am not crazy.  No one judges you here, everyone feels your pain. 

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0