Lostwithout1
Tonight I am going to pick up the ashes of my cat who died suddenly 21 days ago. I fear the rest of the night will be as awful as the night she died. I cried non-stop for hours. I still am so depressed and can't believe she's gone.
Quote 0 0
allisones
I'm sorry for this pain you are going through. I am also getting my cat's ashes tomorrow and I don't know what to expect. Part of me looks forward to having her back home with me. I still talk to her every day in my mind, out loud sometimes. I have an idea of where I will put her...likely on a windowsill since that's where she spent most of her time. 

Good vibes and healing thoughts to you...
Quote 0 0
camunki
yes this is awful....yet i am glad you will have her "home" with you.

I am going to p/u my Jemmas this week, the place that does this also has a *rainbow bridge* actual bridge to walk over....which i will do and say many prayers when i get to the other side.

It is heartbreaking for all of us...........know my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Cam

Quote 0 0
MySweetSammie
It has now been a week since I last held my Sammie. I have not yet received the call to pick up my sweet boy. I dread the call, afraid I am not strong enough to go back to the place I last held him. The 2nd hospital in one day trying to save him. Yet, I also find myself worrying about where he is right now. Is he being respected and lovingly handled? I hope I will find some comfort with the call, but I am afraid the grief process will start back at step one again with the reality of picking up his ashes that he is really gone. My thoughts are with you and my heart breaks with and for you.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
MySweetSammie wrote:
It has now been a week since I last held my Sammie. I have not yet received the call to pick up my sweet boy. I dread the call, afraid I am not strong enough to go back to the place I last held him. The 2nd hospital in one day trying to save him. Yet, I also find myself worrying about where he is right now. Is he being respected and lovingly handled? I hope I will find some comfort with the call, but I am afraid the grief process will start back at step one again with the reality of picking up his ashes that he is really gone. My thoughts are with you and my heart breaks with and for you.

I felt the same way. I was afraid that picking her up would send me right back to the night it happened. It didn't exactly but I did break down in the car and cried the whole way home. Yes, it confirms they are really gone. Still so hard to believe and accept. At the same time, I am glad her ashes are with me even though I have no idea what to do with them. I put her ashes with the ashes of my 2 dogs and 2 cats who died. I hope that when you get Sammie's ashes it will not be too awful.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
camunki wrote:
yes this is awful....yet i am glad you will have her "home" with you.

I am going to p/u my Jemmas this week, the place that does this also has a *rainbow bridge* actual bridge to walk over....which i will do and say many prayers when i get to the other side.

It is heartbreaking for all of us...........know my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Yes, it does sort of feel good to have her home even though it isn't really her. I kept thinking that maybe I'd pick her up the next day and then thinking how could I leave her somewhere even one day when she should be at home.

I am glad you will have Jemma back this week. Best wishes. It's hard but you will get through it.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
allisones wrote:
I'm sorry for this pain you are going through. I am also getting my cat's ashes tomorrow and I don't know what to expect. Part of me looks forward to having her back home with me. I still talk to her every day in my mind, out loud sometimes. I have an idea of where I will put her...likely on a windowsill since that's where she spent most of her time. 

Good vibes and healing thoughts to you...

I don't know if it'll be the same for you. But I am glad to have her ashes back. I don't know why since it isn't really her but it seems to matter. I cried the whole way home because it still feels unreal that she is gone.

The windowsill sounds like a perfect place. She would be happy to be in her spot.
Quote 0 0