Paige28
I lost my pet 3 days ago, its the hardest loss ive ever dealt with. Im happy to have him home now but i keep looking at the box. It upsets and angers me thinking my best friend is just a box now. All i have left of my dog is a box. Life isnt fair...
Quote 0 0
Furevrmommasbabies
I know exactly how you feel, I lost my dog on Saturday and got his ashes on Tuesday. It’s been really hard, I am happy that he is back home with us, but I am filled with guilt and anger. I just want him back, I want to pet him. I miss everything about him, even the things that used to annoy me like dribbling water all over the floor after drinking or getting into the trash. I especially miss hearing the sound of his name tag jingle as he walked around. He was old and tired and blind. But I still feel so much guilt for putting him down. Please know that you are not alone in your grieving. I’m sending lots of love your way ((Hugs))
Quote 0 0
Paige28
I’m so sorry for your loss :( there’s nothing that can be said to make it better....but knowing people can relate makes it a little better. I hope over time it gets better for all of us
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry, Paige. I found receiving the ashes very, very hard and I find it hard to cope with the fact that that box relates to her. It still feels unreal and disturbing.

My wish for you is much comfort and healing. I know it sure takes a long time and there's nothing easy about any of this. You're so right, life isn't fair.

You're in my thoughts...
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Paige28
Thank you guys, I appreciate it more than you know
Quote 0 0
Dhaight71
I'm waiting to get my sweet coco's ashes. but what you said really hits home thinking of her in a box. anger and guilt. i want to pet her. and i also miss the sound of her collar and tag. :( 
Quote 0 0
tr4822
Sorry for your loss. 3 weeks for me today. Had a pretty good week but today is not so good. Still don't want to accept that I'll never be able to pet, kiss, hug ,or rub KC's ears again. I miss her so bad and love her so much. I hope all of us on here can find some comfort and healing in the weeks ahead. My baby's ashes are with me too but it's not much of a comfort yet for me. We gotta believe we will be with our furbabies again in Heaven.  Take care  Tom R
Thomas H. Rhodes
Quote 0 0
Stasia
I know the feeling. Even though I have Sylvester's ashes in a box, I still cannot believe I will never see him again. But I have to say I would prefer him with me rather than in the ground somewhere. I have some comfort in having him close. I set up a little memorium for him as a nice way to honor him. It took me a while to do this though as, like you, I just couldn't bear it at first.

16905076_10212648009784854_7305797975515696552_o.jpg 
Stasia
Quote 0 0
EmStardust
I relate to this so much. I picked up my dog's ashes yesterday afternoon. The vet office was closing early that day and they said I could've waited until today to pick them up, but I just couldn't bear leaving him there overnight. I don't know. Maybe that's stupid. It just made me so sad to think of his ashes sitting there. But when I picked him up, I didn't really feel much better. I cried the whole drive home. 

I miss him so much. He was my best friend. 
Quote 0 0